sternum

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
hi have swelling where one of my ribs joins sternum it so painfull feel should use ice but can not face putting it there breathing hurts making sure does not get shallow or rapid as have kind of been here before but not this bad any tips taking co codamols 4 times a day and hydro do not feel much like eating as hurts so much will go to drop in center at doc if not bit better tomorrow but need to get through tonight thanks for reading val
val

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Val,
    I get this a lot it's all part of PA for me. However...last November the pain got worse and worse over a week I'd got through my tramadol and breathing was so painful I went to see my GP, who sent me straight to hospital for chest x-ray and then I was put on anti biotics as I had pleurisy. I don't want to frighten you Val and it's unlikely that you have what I had but please go to your GP tomorrow, always better to be on the safe side eh?
    Thinking of you and hoping you feel much better soon
    Poppy X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • valval
    thanks it is so painfull :sad: do not even want chocolate :eek:
    val
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi Val,

Just wanted to say that although i don't know anything about what your experiencing i think you should go and see your GP tomorrow so that he can just check you over..
    Even if it subsides, just go anyway...
    Hope you feel better soon...(((((X)))))
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi Val,

I hope you've been able to see a doctor and get some reassurance with this. All the best from us at Helplines.

Guy
  • valval
    hi saw doc this morning have pulled where rib joins onto sternum it still inflamed (nearly hit ceiling when she touched it) so on ibuprophen should help settle it down thanks for suport val
    val