Having a lovely Monday

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 29. Mar 2011, 10:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

When I got up this morning I knew that there were a hundred jobs I should be doing today; washing, cleaning, etc. etc. but suddenly I decided that they could all wait. I'd got a big canvas staring me in the face, waiting for me to paint my next masterpiece, so that seemed a much more interesting way to spend the day.

I'm just having a break, and a sit down because I've been standing up painting for hours now ( tried sitting down, but it doesn't work for me ) Anyway, I'm having a lovely Monday, doing exactly what I want. Blow the housework :!: :!: I bet Picasso didn't have to bother about housework, so why should I :?: :lol::lol:

I hope that you're all having a lovely Monday too.

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    If the mood strikes then you have to go for it. The housework will still be there tomorrow but the artistic mood might not. Good for you, surely life should be (whenever possible) about fun, not chores. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I've also had a nice Monday so far. Been to see my youngest brother as it's his birthday.. Got to see my three nephews too. My knees aren't enjoying the day but bugger them two, pair of miserable sods they are, lol..

The sun is out, more or less.. That'll do me.
    I will rest soon enough.

Happy Monday folks :grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    Yes I quite agree, DD. I'm all in favour of having as much fun as possible, and I hate housework anyway. The only trouble is that I'll be out every day for the rest of this week, so today was supposed to be my housework day. Still, all work and no play makes Jill a dull girl, I reckon :lol:

Tony, I'm glad that you've had a nice time with your brother and nephews, but sorry that your knees aren't behaving better. It's a lovely sunny day here too.

Back to the masterpiece now :lol::lol:

Joan
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    hi joan, DD, Tony

hope you are all ok.

what a lovely monday it is - the sun is shining and i'm not working today!! been watching the birds nesting in my bird box,really excited - my hubby calls me "the mad bird lady" he's such a charmer! got lots of ironing to do but will live dangerously and leave it until tomorrow.

joan - hope the masterpiece is looking good :grin:
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    glad you have all had a nice day....mine has been ok too. been sat in conservatory again chillin out.

joan you did right to paint and leave the housework, what are you painting ?

Juliepf x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    the house work will always be there so glad you enjoyed your day it well worth a day off makes you feel so much better val
    val
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    I too have been chucking (delicately fine brushing) paint on canvas too. Painting trees and taking time to get the tree bases and roots right. Then decided to clear an old strawberry bed out in the garden. Unfortunately, I found a 5ft length of tree root just below the ground so that had to go as well.

A good hours digging, sawing and pulling at it finally got it out. Now I ache as its payback time. I'm fed up with trees at the moment.

Bah, humbug!
    Josephm0310.gif
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Good on you Joan...wish I could paint...then I could use it has an excuse.. :lol: far more productive.....what are you painting.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    Thanks for your replies Barbara, Joseph, Val, Julie, Katie, Tony and DD. I had a very good day, and my painting is progressing well. It's a landscape of a place in Tuscany where I stayed on holiday several years ago. When it's finished, I'll post a picture of it on here. I'm not in the same league as Joseph, but I do enjoy painting.

No housework was done, I'm pleased to say. :grin:

Joan
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Excellent results all round then - artistic endeavours satisfied, housework fairy in absentia (she is the bane of our lives). Perfick, as Pop Larkin would say! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Will be lovely to see the finished painting joan,

Juliepf x