I've been refused DLA

Options
caterina57
caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
edited 29. Mar 2011, 16:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well, I am another person to add to the growing list of refused DLA claims. This morning I had the letter saying that I am not to be awarded either the care or mobility components. They have set out the reasons why- which completely contradict the information I provided. I kept a copy of the application. I will ring the Advice Centre who helped me with the application but I can feel a very strong worded letter having to be put together!
Cath

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Cath,

I am sorry you have joined the list and hope the advice center can help with an appeal. Leaving you ((((( ))))) and a hope they will do whats right when you appeal the results. Cris xx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Cath ..

I am so sorry you never got DLA..
    Don't give up without a fight though luvie..
    You are one of many.. I may be one of those people turned down soon..
    Hopefully you will get some good advice on appealing and hopefully be sucessful, i know many have after fighting for it..
    Fingers crossed.. all the best..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    sorry your DLA application got refused. Again I am sure they want to make the genuine ones fight for it (and also hope many just give up in the process).I do wish it was based more on GP, surgeons, rheumatologists reports though.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Cath I am so sorry, but it does look like this is the policy, to put people through an appeal...we really are an easy target.
    You get that appeal going, we are all behind you
    Good Luck
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • seamonkey
    seamonkey Member Posts: 323
    Options
    Hi cath,
    thats just like me, they seem to have ignored everything i put in my claim, according to them i dont need any care at night or any help in the day, even though i put down all the help i need.
    Im not even sure they actually read my claim.
    Ive asked them to look again and am providing letters from people who help me, partner, kids, sister, friend, Occupational therapist, GP.
    Just hope they read them!
    Good luck
    Seamonkey
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    Cath

l am 100% behind you. so very cross. You take your time and PROVE every falsehood they have written. You WILL win, but will take some work on yours and your advice centre's part.

Grrrr!!!

Don't loose heart

love

toni xx
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    Options
    oh cath i'm so sorry.

its a nightmare at the moment everyone is being treated so unfairly. hope the advice line help you out and will keep my fingers crossed for you x

big hugs

Katie xx
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    Sorry Cath it is terrible how many people are being refused , dont give up it seems you have to fight them and appeal these days to get it . Hope you can sort it out ..................jilly x
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Thanks for all your support. When I got the letter this morning I was totally astonished. I really do question whether they have actually read my application as they have given reasons for refusal which are totally contradicting what I put on the application form for example i have put on the form that i struggle to grip and pick up things and i frequently drop and break things, that i have difficulty using a knife and cutting up things to apply enough pressure. They have said I dont need help to use kitchen tools and can carry and lift safely!!!!! Its the same all the way through.

I knew it was going to be difficult but to completely disregard the information I have provided is baffling to say the least!
    Cath