Pain/Stiffness

keith1971
keith1971 Member Posts: 302
edited 29. Mar 2011, 19:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Another question!

Although my aches, pains & stiffness have increased during the last month or so I've found by mid-afternoon everything kinda eases up - the niggles are still there but not as pronounced.

Is this what's referred to as 'morning stiffness'? It's especially noticable in my right hand which absolutely kills first thing in the morning but by bedtime is 90% okay again!

x
315yexv.jpg

Comments

• Florence500
    Florence500 Member Posts: 46
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Yep I have morning stiffness which eases mid afternoon but as soon as I get tired again it attacks me with vengence usually around 8/9pm (looks at clock) Yay another hour yet :)
    187552_622678175_7857000_n.jpg
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Yep Keith, reckon you're right. "Morning stiffness" can be a bit of a misnomer.

Tillyxxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    That'll be right Keith that's the stuff.

Once the disease is under control you will be like me....ten or 15 mins and that's it :grin:

except when l fare and then l can get 'stuck' after 10 mins not moving.

Love

toni xx

Flo I love the bike!
  • keith1971
    keith1971 Member Posts: 302
    I see..........

So when I see the rheumatologist next month & he asks again about the morning stiffness I should tell him (I said I didn't have any last time).

:lol:
    315yexv.jpg
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I was told that morning stiffness is a bit like morning sickness in that some people get it in the morning, some people all day and some people never have it!
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    That is really interesting to read, when I am really bad, my 'morning stiffness' is there till lunchtime. It always reappears of an evening unfortunately. I always have felt silly saying it lasts so long, now I won't feel quite so daft!!
  • lyndsey311075
    lyndsey311075 Member Posts: 10
    Same here, very stiff and painfull fingers in morning, does go for a wee while during the day but at night it decides to come back, can't remember the last time I had a good night sleep without waking with pain from either hands or feet.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Keith,

Stiffness and easing u til more stiffness at night is the nature of it I am afraid. Think with my rumo I tell him everything there is and he addresses the bits that are relevant so yep tell yours about the stiffness I think Cris x