CAB

seamonkey
seamonkey Member Posts: 323
Today i went to see the CAB on the advice of my doctor, I went to see if i could get any benefit as im not entitled to sick pay. Lady was very good and helped with lots of stuff, its made me very sad to be talking about what i used to do work wise, i would give anything to be able to go back and work 21 hrs a week between my 3 jobs. Yes it was stressfull between work and the kids but it made me feel like i was contributing not only to my family, but to the whole country. Im now waiting to hear about 3 benefits and the stress is getting to me!

Comments

• chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi seamonkey

I know from your other posts how much you want to work and contribute financially, so am sorry to see this has hit you. But hey do I recall you have 4 children, haven't you got enough to do? :roll: :grin: Goodness you need at least a bit of a break and maybe some hours with suitable work will be for the future, who knows? I think that is your hope?
    You do have my sympathy on this though, but I hope you can find some positives with more time to be nice to yourself, and I hope you have some success with the benefits soon. Hang in there.
    love
    Chris
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Seamonkey, I hope you get some benefits sorted out.

This situation may only be temporary and in time you may be able to do something less taxing work wise.

But first and foremost you need to look after you, and conserve some spoons!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • seamonkey
    Thanks Speedy and Chris,
    Your replies were appreciated, I do have 4 kids which does keep me busy, some days im glad not to have the stress and physical pain of work and to concentrate on looking after family and house. Other times like the other day i miss working. I think if i can just get some kind of benefit i would relax a bit about the whole situation. Hopefully when i see spinal surgeons they may come up with a solution or advice.
    Best wishes to you both and i hope today you are well.
    Seamonkey
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    hi seamonkey

I know exactly how you feel - please dont beat yourself up about taking time off work you deserve the break. hope you hear something soon and keep us informed.

Katie x
  • seamonkey
    Ah i cant apply for ESA and C.tax benefit at same time as same things neded for both. So i sent off ESA forms, just hope something comes of it. Not a nice feeling applying for these things. Thats DLA and ESA im waiting to hear about. I did read that the ESA team could help with finding different work and possible retraining, this im very interested in.
    Seamonkey
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    hi just a waiting game now then - hope you hear something soon.

i didn't realise ESA can help find alternative work and retraining - thats encouraging isn't.

fingers crossed everything turns out ok.

Katie xx
  • seamonkey
    Hi katie,
    Im not sure if ESA do do this. Just something i picked up on while reading about it. Im probably wrong. My head is all over the place at mo.
    Hope you are having a good day today,
    seamonkey
  • RichC
    RichC Member Posts: 260
    Hiya .. ask your Job centre plus for an appointment with a disability employment adviser (this might not be available until after you have passed your medical , around week 13 of your claim ) . In any case you will have work focussed interviews and be expected to take actions to make yourself more employable.
    Have a look at the dirct gov site ...Work help

Rich :)
  • seamonkey
    Thankyou for that rich, i will have alook.