Grrrrrrrrrrr

lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 30. Mar 2011, 12:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
Is trying hard not to do physical harm to hubby.
Every year i end up sorting out Mothers day flowers.......always have to find new sites because the best deal last year is no longer available. Tesco's no longer do flowers and for some reason Asda's site did not know the address of our parents. Can only assume they are out of area for the asdas down south. Well found a postal company and fingers crossed they arrive on Saturday. No doubt they will arrive late at my mothers like her birthday card did!!!! Strange as i sent her card on the same day i send a letter down to my lad who lives on the Isle of Wright....Mum is near Worthing. Lads arrived on Thursday Mums arrived on Saturday. Maybe the postman couldn't find her house!!!
Thank goodness it is only once a year...(Birthdays and Mothers day.)

Comments

• suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Men are useless we end up doing everything. I Hope they get there on time. It is late this year mothers day. At least there are daffodils this year they were not ready in time last year. There seem an abundance this year they look fantastic. :grin: wish u well on it x Joanne
    Joanne
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Men are far from useless, they operate in a different way to women. Right, sweeping generalisation coming up: women tend to be the ones to do these things as we rate them as fairly important whereas men rank other matters of higher significance (for example beer, sport and tinkering with bits of machinery). I cannot unblock a sink or change a washer, Mr DD cannot buy Christmas presents. Our skills set complement each other. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    I will be delivering flowers to mum myself on mothers day - To the Cemetry, wish she was still here to have a kiss and a cuddle. I shan't be getting any cos I am not a mum. And I dont have to worry about half killing a OH cos I am on my own. If a sink needs unbloking or a washer needs changing I have to do it myself and if its a more complicated task then I have to pay some one to do it Lol.
    Cath
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    i ask what shall we get your mum / dad for birthday mothersday fathersday etc get i do not know or shrug of shoulders. i get present and card and he delivers them i deliver my mums / dads fair enough i think val
    val
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    my oh will go to tesco's saturday night buy flowers job lot and thast will do for me and his mother :roll:Actually i want some advice on my gift for my mum.... ive brought my mum some audio cd's as she has gone blind just before christmas so i thought she might get upset not being able to see the flowers,thing is i know this sounds silly but do i wrap the cd's as she might get upset at not being able to unwrap them but at the same time i dont want her to think that ive not bothered because she cant see?shes very upset and sensitive over losing her sight :sad:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    That is a very considerate gift Kat.. Is there any way you can just wrap them in a bow that your Mum would be able to undo?

PS, I would forget my own Birthday if left to it.. I really am that useless, lol..

I can tinker with electronic things though.. :grin::wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Hi Kat,
    What a lovely gift for your Mother! could you get a little gift bag and pop the cd in it? Just a thought.
    As for me, I've bought 2 beautiful photo frames and popped a photo of my boys in it for our mums, hubby will deliver them, then cook dinner and take the boys out for the day giving me a chance to lie in bed eating choccies and feeling spoilt, works for me :lol: x
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Hi Dell,
    my sisters, sister -in -law lives near vancover - they are off to visit her in July.
    Cath
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    poppy that was a good idea you gave to kat.

I bought my mil a talking cd of pride and predudice, she would rather listen than to read the book. My mum I bought a delicate scarf from m&*

lupin i hope the flowers arrive in time

juliepf x
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Cheapest flowers are via Post Office at present! I may be useless but at least I'm not BL%^&* useless!

No point in getting these things too soon, I'm sure I can get some in C& O* on way to mum on Sunday morning? :mrgreen:

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    That is a very considerate gift Kat.. Is there any way you can just wrap them in a bow that your Mum would be able to undo?

It was hard to think of anything, i just hope she wont be upset as she loved to read im worried it might bring it home to her that she can no longer do that,what an awful thing to happen its going to take her a long time to adjust,i havent even told her about my katies first school photo's just in case,i think i will put the cd's in a gift bag as poppy suggested,my eldest has just taken me shopping and brought me a lovely top for mothers day :smile: