DLA Tribunal tomorrow...

lorica
lorica Member Posts: 187
edited 1. Apr 2011, 09:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well tribunal day is nearly upon me... I feel so sick right now and all because of the thought of being interrigated by two so called professionals and made to look like a second class citizen... I have some prep todo tonight ie making notes as my memory is shot. :???:

Does the tribunal panel tell you the outcome that day or do you have to wait for a letter :?:
Im dreading this tribunal sooo much....

I aslo got a letter yesterday from the house of commons.... I got my MP involved with the DLA / ESA application. He has sent a letter to the Jobcentre PLus manager to find out what is going on. It would have been nice to have seen the managers face when they got the letter, but then again they might be use to getting letters from MP's :lol:

Mark

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mark,
    Not gone through the process myself, just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow. You've done everything you could, it's only to be expected that you will be nervous. Deep breaths and remember we are backing you all the way hugs xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I wish you the very best for tomorrow, lorica, and I hope it all goes well. Base all your answers on your worst days, not your best ones. These people generally have no clue about this diesease and how it affects one - you have to tell them in no uncertain terms its difficulties. I haven't been thro this myself but I will be there in spirit. Let us know how it goes, if you are able. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Mark
    I just want to wish you good luck for tomorrow, I havnt been through anything like this, but I should imagine lots of notes will come in.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Ouch
    Ouch Member Posts: 36
    Very best of luck for tomorrow. Think positively...
    Happiness is being a grandmother!
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi,

Just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow ..
    Hope it goes well..
    Think positive and don't let them make you feel like your in the wrong..
    You are fighting for what you believe in..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Best of luck for tomorrow Rkid... I think it is a case of finding out later how they have decided... Just to make you bloody squirm that bit longer :roll:

Be on pocket duties for you, will keep quiet though.. :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Mark
    Sending you more good vibes for today, everything crossed for you
    Good luck
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Best of luck Mark. There isn't anything you can do but use any evidence to show how wrong the original assessment was and disprove what they have said incorrectly.

I do hope they see sense.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Hi Mark

When my friend attended her tribunal to re-instate DLA, she was interviewed by a GP, a solicitor and I think, a lady who worked with Disabled people. After the discussions, they asked her to wait outside the room and then called her back in after they had made their decision and she won.

Not sure if all areas of the country will be the same though and it was a few years ago now.

Good Luck
    Hope it goes well.

Kath
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Mark

I had written a BRILLIANT reply but clashed with someone else so it got lost. (forum techies l dont care if someone else has posted while l am posting just that it doesn't cause me to inadvertantly loose my reply which took me AGES to construct :cry: ) Sorry thsi will be second rate as my memory is shot too :oops:

I am hoping for and expecting a good outcome for you today and hope you will have time to let us know how you got on.

As far as the jobcentre and the MP's letter are concerned l have no idea how many they receive, but when l was a social worker we used to get letters called them 'member enquiries' and we DId jump to and teh file was pulled and throroughly looked into before a response was given to the MP.

I hope it is the same there, but of course they may have many many complaints.

Good luck

Thinking of you

Toni xx
  • tillypink
    tillypink Member Posts: 212
    Good Luck Mark , fingers crossed for u :wink: !

I got mine to come for DLA but got my ESA tribunal appeal on the 11th of april too.

xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Mark,

Sorry I am sop late but i really hope it went well.

You shouldn't have to be doing this....... its all so stupid and wrong! That's not helping you though but I do hope it was ok and they haven't hurt you making you jump through hoops. Cris x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Mark, good luck for tomorrow, although you are dreading it, you need to do it and will feel better after it is out of the way. If you feel intimidated imagine the panel without their clothes on and if you need more time to think ask them to repeat or explain their question. Take your notes with you.

Sorry, off topic but
    Toni - interesting what you said about involving MPs - was debating this over tackling lack of funding for S ... this makes me feel I should not hold back, but go ahead and involve MP!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • Jennycg
    Jennycg Member Posts: 10
    Hi Mark

I too am late getting here, I only joined yesterday. I hope your tribunal was not too traumatic and you got a positive result.

Best wishes

Jenny.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    [Sorry, off topic but
    Toni - interesting what you said about involving MPs - was debating this over tackling lack of funding for S ... this makes me feel I should not hold back, but go ahead and involve MP!!

Speedy[/quote]

Do it Speedy!

Sorry Mark :oops: