i cant cope with all the pain and life

Options
mariam
mariam Member Posts: 15
i have accepted i have a problem with my hip still going through test but my body is in so much pain everystep i take on my left leg i scream its so embarrasing when you are not walking but waddling side to side i am only 37 its not very attractive cant join in family life because everything hurts you just want to crawl away its horrible. i useto be avery active working woman and now everystep i take its akiller.i know ther are worse people than me that keeps me going but its not nice.i feel guilty i dont want to be looked after i just want to be independant and be able to walk.my family are suffeing too you feel guilty for that how can i ignore the pain when i cannot physically move.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear Mariam

I can imagine what a terrible time you are going through and how awful it is coping with all the different feelings of guilt etc... on top of all the pain you are experiencing. Do you think it would help to talk to one of us? I understand you are still going through the tests and this is often the most difficult period for people while they await diagnosis and medication. Is there anyway you can ask your GP for better pain control? Please do ask.

Please feel free to call the helpline as it often helps to share these difficult emotions and in the meantime you may find our Understanding Arthritis booklet helpful: http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets

We would be happy to supply you with more information as soon as you have a diagnosis.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Best wishes

Simona
  • seamonkey
    seamonkey Member Posts: 323
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Miriam,
    I wanted to say Hi and to offer you support, I am 33 and have 4 kids and OH. Ive waddled side to side since i was 21. Its embarrassing but others are probably not noticing it as much as you are. Being in pain and not able to join in with everyday things with family is really not nice, it singles us out even more.
    Do you have meds for the pain your in? I have back hip leg shoulder and hand pain and take a concoction of tabs for it. This i hope is making a difference but i still waddle and am in pain.
    Do you have pain at night when your trying to sleep? I know that when im not able to sleep because of the pain i find it even harder to cope and to look to the future.
    I am still going through tests etc and no one has given me a proper diagnosis, just some kind of arthritis. Your not alone and please PM me if you would like to chat.
    wishing yo well,
    seamonkey