Snoozes R Us

ironic
ironic Member Posts: 2,361
edited 31. Mar 2011, 16:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Lynn,
I only rest my eyes...... and well 20 mins later I have pins and needles and a definite list to the left. :roll:
No power naps more of a spark out type of nap. :lol:
Ix

Comments

• skinnylizzie
    skinnylizzie Member Posts: 37
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Definitely! :wink:
    I'm the 'just going for a little sleep' then 2-3 hours later... Ooops, the shops are now closed and it's time for tea! :lol:
  • lorica
    lorica Member Posts: 187
    Sometimes I might say to the missus I feel rough so im going to lie down and several hours later I emerge from my flea pit, Or it might be I want to see that program you've recorded, so I sit on the setee, watch the first few minutes and them im gone fast asleep :lol:

The otherday the missus was talking to me, I was listening, and I was looking at her, and the next thing i remember is her looking at me shaking her head and her saying I knew you wasnt listening, I had fallen asleep... oups didn't go down too good... I tend not to do any long distance driving at the moment as I dont want to nod off..... :lol:

It can be so annoying.....

Mark
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi lyn

I don't often go to bed in the afternoon as i hate that just getting up (again) feeling. I tend to fall asleep in chair for 15 mins instead.

juliepf x
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    I tell my husband that I need to go and lay down for a while then 2 odd hours later he will wake me up before the kids get back from school.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • border
    border Member Posts: 94
    Sometimes I have to go to sleep otherwise I'm irritable but when awaken, I find that I feel absolutely terrible. Perhaps making a regular time for a 10 minute nap during the day will help. My jury ismout on this at the moment.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Lynn
    Your post really made me laugh, I haven't quite done the checkout one...my one is just having ten mins...must say if I do get an hour..I feel really refreshed.....but if it goes into 4 hours then I feel more tired.
    Carry on napping
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I go to bed wrecked , glazed eyes and stumbling. I only ever get 30 mins but carry on feeling wrecked.
    I did drop off around 8 o/c the other night but my children kept coming and waking me up to ask me questions or tell me things.

I am convinced it is the pain that makes me so tired and not a side effect of any meds.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Lynn

You made me laugh too :lol::lol::lol:

I do ALL of your sleeps all of them.... f035.gif

the dribbly type?!!! Oh yes best done' out in the community' for maximum effect!!! and embarrasment

The sofa one too... g030.gif missing the end of the film

and the one where you actually GO to lie down...no leccie blanket in this house, but l vividly remember the disorientation when you wake up HOURS later!!!

k050.gif

night!!!!
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    HI Lynn,

I nap - not as often as I would like - if I didn't have other committments I would nap after lunch each day!! IHowever I tend to lie on the bed for a nap after seeing S off to school for an hour on my day off; if he nods off to sleep after school then I do sometimes too. It's a good way to pack a bit of extra sleep into 24 hours.

Why is it that it is easy to nap, but not always so easy to fall asleep and stay asleep during the night?!

I hate the late one though - put S to bed, settle on the bed to give the cat a quick cuddle and fall asleep ... wake up in the early hours and then have to finish chores, put house to bed and get ready for bed myself ...VILE!! Easy to get stuck into a pattern with this one ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • jennylynn
    jennylynn Member Posts: 101
    Lynn - this is brilliant!

I do all of those!! i can just be sat in the passenger seat of the car and doze off, always have little naps on the sofa, and have been known to stick the electric blanket on and have a little day nap.
    Every friday without fail we sit down to watch the new NCIS season 8 episode that we have recorded from earlier - and i've never yet seen the end of it. Always have to get up the next day and try to remember where i got to......in fact.......there are countless movies that i have seen the beginning of and never the end?!!

This really cheered me up - great post! :grin:
    Jennyx

kittens.jpg?1295453358
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    I am trying to force myself to stay awake so that I can sleep at night but this doesnt always work.

I have a reclining chair and more often than not you will find me stretched out, cushion under my head, snoring like no ones business. My husband has had someone round in the afternoon to visit and I have been out for the count rattling the windows. Not good seeing said friends a few days later.

My most embarrassing kip was in the cinema. I had taken my three kids and a friend to see a Harry Potter Film. I was so tired I felt my head bobbing around like churchill dog in the back of a car. Anyway I eventually fell asleep. I have no idea how long I was actually asleep but my son who was 9 at the time jumped at part in the film. I jumped and screamed. Needless to say I was a bit red faced on the way out.
    Jakib0644.gif
  • donnas
    donnas Member Posts: 119
    Yoga nidra meditation - and I wake myself up snoring.

Did I just admit to that?