Im Worried

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 1. Apr 2011, 16:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone

Im quite worried....I posted on here a few weeks ago that my sister wasnt well had been hospitalised and had so many diagnoses that it didnt seem one person knew what the heck was going on...She was discharged 2 weeks ago saying she had gout and we thought once she came home she would pick up...Wrong...She hardly eats and she had an appetite like a bird before, is now yellow, sick all the time, no energy, sleeping and all her family are worried about her, her husband has given up trying to tempt her with food....She had a blood test today and could hardly walk to car but didnt request a home visit, she's back home now and they have given her iron tabs and anti sick ones, see if it gets better in a week...So mum and dad are off again on sunday...And again i feel like **** cos i got told about 3 weeks ago by disability advisor that they were sending me a form in post to reapply for ESA on 12th march, it hasnt come but its sods law if i go away it will come and i will get in trouble for not filling it in in time....That and im no good to anyone, cant walk far, do much, only in short 15 min spells....
Im also worried cos a week ago a pc came to door saying someone had stolen a wallet from one of neighbours cars and had tried a few older cars whcih werent alarmed...now ive lived here for over 30yrs and not it unnerves me in our own house, always on look out for dodgy types...Im stupid aint I?

Elainex

Comments

• wannabewriter
    wannabewriter Member Posts: 114
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Wow Elaine.

Well, I don't really know what to say except that I hope things start to look up soon.

I really hope your sister picks up and that they find out what's wrong with her. And you're completely not no good for anyone, never think that!

Can you call up about the form and tell them to send it again? And make a record of the call so you can use that if you need to that you did chase about it.

I'm so sorry things are really tough at the moment, but I hope they get better soon.

X
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi elaine

Sorry about your sister and i hope she gets well soon.

The form on the otherhand can be sorted when you get home.
    You can as wanna be said ring them if the form has arrived when you get home and explain that your sister is sick and you needed to be there.

I hope things start to get better soon
    take care
    juliepf x
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Wannabewriter

Well i dont want to ring them up as far as im concerned its upto them to send me the form and if i dont get it thats not my problem, as long as they keep paying me the ESA in the meantime..
    Its so baffling about my sister and she is a trained nursing sister too which must make it worse.....She just isnt getting any better and her daughter was on phone today crying cos she was so worried....

Thanks for your reply...

Elainex
    Wow Elaine.

Well, I don't really know what to say except that I hope things start to look up soon.

I really hope your sister picks up and that they find out what's wrong with her. And you're completely not no good for anyone, never think that!

Can you call up about the form and tell them to send it again? And make a record of the call so you can use that if you need to that you did chase about it.

I'm so sorry things are really tough at the moment, but I hope they get better soon.

X
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Julie

She just isnt getting any better at all, its a never ending saga.....Im no good to go up there really as i cant do the big shopping, do loads of housework, etc...Im more of a burden me...

I just know how arsey they can be if you dont return the blasted form on time....Im hoping they will maybe not send me it but doubt it...

Luv Elainex
    julie47 wrote:
    Hi elaine

Sorry about your sister and i hope she gets well soon.

The form on the otherhand can be sorted when you get home.
    You can as wanna be said ring them if the form has arrived when you get home and explain that your sister is sick and you needed to be there.

I hope things start to get better soon
    take care
    juliepf x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Elaine,
    I’m so sorry to hear your sister is so poorly still, it is such a worry to you all. I suppose it depends how long have to get the form filled in but I would hope at least a week. I know it is difficult for you to decide whether or not to go to your sisters; does your dad need you to do some of the driving? Perhaps you could stay and look after things at home, with everything that is going on in the area.
    I’m so sorry you have to go through all this.
    Lv, Ix
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Hi Elaine

Sorry to hear that your sister is still not well. There is nothing worse than feeling helpless and of course that is how you are feeling now.

Your sister and your parents understand that you cant do as much as you want to. Its not fair I know but she needs the focus at the moment to help her get better.

I think you might need to ring ESA about the form that they said they would send you. If you suddenly find yourself without any money how would you feel. It might be worth giving them a ring and saying that you were told that a form was being sent out to you nearly 4 weeks ago and you havent received it. Just let them know that you are concerned in case it has been lost in the post because you dont want to find yourself without money.

I hope things sort themselves out for you soon and your sister soon gets better.

I will send some healing prayers for her.

In Peace and Light
    Jakib0644.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Jaki is right you don't want to be left short. Somebody has forgotten to post it probably.
    I hope your sister is being monitored by her GP. i have to say I was like this after a massive flare. I had no appetite, was often sick suddenly and struggled to move about. Is she in pain? And on any meds? My OH used to feed me those complan style drinks and I drunk them cos I knew I had to have something.

Opportunist thieves are about everywhere. They like easy pickings and if someone left goods in view they will take them quick. Try not to feel nervous. If you are alone at the weekend can you stay online and chat to anyone? I am just getting used to being on my own a times now but with my arther I do feel vulnerable too.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Elaine
    Im so sorry to hear about your sister, I did wonder how she had got on in hospital.
    All I can say is Im sure that they will all understand if you dont go, you will only be worrying about the form, once it is filled in hopefully you will be able to go and see her.
    I am sure you will be ringing to see how she is.
    You take care, and I hope they sought out what is wrong with her, then she can be on the road to recovery.
    Lets us know how things go
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Hi I

Well the thing is im kind of surplus to requirements as i cant do as much as others can do...Even the driving I get so stiff after short periods sitting....
    Its a funny situtation..

elainex
    ironic wrote:
    Hi Elaine,
    I’m so sorry to hear your sister is so poorly still, it is such a worry to you all. I suppose it depends how long have to get the form filled in but I would hope at least a week. I know it is difficult for you to decide whether or not to go to your sisters; does your dad need you to do some of the driving? Perhaps you could stay and look after things at home, with everything that is going on in the area.
    I’m so sorry you have to go through all this.
    Lv, Ix
  • elainebadknee
    HI Jaki

Well yeah I know i dont think im alone in feeling a bit helpless as she's had numerous tests and doesnt seem to be progressing at all...
    The ESA...Well it was my disability advisor and they are still paying the money into my bank...Im inclined to leave it as im not at fault if it dont get sent out, they are...

Thanks for prayers...

Elainex
    rugbygirl wrote:
    Hi Elaine

Sorry to hear that your sister is still not well. There is nothing worse than feeling helpless and of course that is how you are feeling now.

Your sister and your parents understand that you cant do as much as you want to. Its not fair I know but she needs the focus at the moment to help her get better.

I think you might need to ring ESA about the form that they said they would send you. If you suddenly find yourself without any money how would you feel. It might be worth giving them a ring and saying that you were told that a form was being sent out to you nearly 4 weeks ago and you havent received it. Just let them know that you are concerned in case it has been lost in the post because you dont want to find yourself without money.

I hope things sort themselves out for you soon and your sister soon gets better.

In Peace and Light
  • elainebadknee
    HI Jaki

Well yeah I know i dont think im alone in feeling a bit helpless as she's had numerous tests and doesnt seem to be progressing at all...
    The ESA...Well it was my disability advisor and they are still paying the money into my bank...Im inclined to leave it as im not at fault if it dont get sent out, they are...

Thanks for prayers...

Elainex
    rugbygirl wrote:
    Hi Elaine

In Peace and Light
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Barbara

yeah she got out two weeks ago and we all thought she would be better at home but she's sleeping all time, taking one spoonful of food then refusing it and hardly talking at all or walking.....
    The form is just annoying could have had it filled in and done with it but its not here but i suppose no news is good news....
    And to add fire to flame my brother and his overpowering g/f is coming next sunday, he comes on sunday, she comes on wed which means im in my own bed 3 days then it gets changed for madam almighty....GRRR!!!!!!

Will update you all...

Elainex

barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    Im so sorry to hear about your sister, I did wonder how she had got on in hospital.
    All I can say is Im sure that they will all understand if you dont go, you will only be worrying about the form, once it is filled in hopefully you will be able to go and see her.
    I am sure you will be ringing to see how she is.
    You take care, and I hope they sought out what is wrong with her, then she can be on the road to recovery.
    Lets us know how things go
    Love
    Barbara x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Elaine not the putuup again, have you got a spare continetal quilt you could put on the bed to sleep on, dosnt half help the bones
    Take care
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Are your parents going to visit your sister? And do you wish you could go but can't because of the esa form? Sorry I assumed your sis was at home.
    I hope the iron and anti-sickness pills can help with her appetite.
    You say she says she has gout. Do you think it is something else? If she has been diagnosed they will help her I'm sure.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Barbara

Ive been in the dam thing all this week, last night kept falling into the bit in the middle all night....Grr...Its harder and harder to get out of...

Elainex
    barbara12 wrote:
    Oh Elaine not the putuup again, have you got a spare continetal quilt you could put on the bed to sleep on, dosnt half help the bones
    Take care
    Love
    Barbara x
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Elizabeth

We live in kendal, my two sisters trained as nurses in Inverness, my brother lives in east kilbride where i used to live till age of 10....So yes my folks are going to visit my sister...
    I hope too the medication works but i do think there is something more they havent foiund...Its very worrying....

My dad went to docs today, he has arthritis in his neck and he has a weird purple lump on his left knee which the doctor has never seen before in his life...My family huh?

Elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    Are your parents going to visit your sister? And do you wish you could go but can't because of the esa form? Sorry I assumed your sis was at home.
    I hope the iron and anti-sickness pills can help with her appetite.
    You say she says she has gout. Do you think it is something else? If she has been diagnosed they will help her I'm sure.

Elizabeth