Diagnosis could be could be

suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 3. Apr 2011, 17:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
I went to doctors got sore throat and dizzy spells going hot could. The new trainee doctor at my surgery checked me over told me tonsils enlarged no white spots so she thought it was viral not an infection.
I told her hubby had tonsillitis last week.
She said take paracetamol if that did not do it i could have the antibiotics but she was sure it was viral so the antibiotics would not help. She said leave it two days if got worse take antibiotics which she gave me a prescription for.
The doctor mused though my med list looked up my arther meds to check nothing clashed with them. then she asked have i had my blood tests done i said i was due next week to get em done. she then said that a sore throat can mean low blood count and to get em done. I don't think she had a clue really. :roll: I think Ive got tonsillitis. :smile:
I nearly passed out picking up son from school and the school called me a taxi to the doctors. I have taken n picked him up today but been in bed all day.
Joanne

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Joanne,

I know I am tardy in the pm's department and will buck up, promise.

If your white cells are down surely that makes tonsillitis more likely? I think it leaves you open to all manner of infections cus the white cells are the first defence.

I really hope you can get some rest and keep warm time cus its not nice thing to have... used to get it a lot and it makes you feel quite rough.

Doctors... really do any of em know what they are talking about? I sometimes wonder..... less its so obvious they all have different ideas eh?

Hope you soon feel better and will honestly get back to you .Love and a ((((( ))))) cris xx
  • suncatcher
    Ive never had low blood cells so do not know about it. will get em checked any way I miss the days when i was more straight forward and had normal ills with out arther being mentioned all the time. will take care Yasmin is taking care of me and is enjoying sharing the bed. :grin:
    Joanne
  • skezier
    Hi Joanne,

Oh flower I calls it pin the tail on the donkey syndrome :lol::lol:

Hey did they give you any antibiotics? You might need some especially if the cells are down.

Like you my white cells have been too high but the red ones get low from time to time. Its all the drugs they stuff us full of eh? I sometimes wonder if i would be better not taking any of them :wink:

I think you might need some anti bots Joanne so if you don't feel better soon go back and see another doc and have a 3rd opinion or hopefully some help. ((((( ))))) Cris xx
  • suncatcher
    What symptoms do you get if blood cells are high don't know about this stuff yet novice on this one. got anibiotics ready joanne
    Joanne
  • skezier
    H Joanne,

Glad you got antibiotics :grin:

the white cells grow in number when you have infection of foreign body normally. leads to higher temperatures as they fight the intruder.

Cus the ra you got has made them turn on you the modifiers are there to stop them from doing that but it also can mean they are no longer able to fight infections. Not sure how they stop them but I know they do. That's why we on the modifiers are more prowned to infections flower. #

If you look on the ac bit about arthritis they explain it better than me.

With a bit of luck the antibiotoic ( i seem to remember they attach to the white cells and help by attacking the bacteria) will really help and you will start to feel better. If your bloods show low white count think they normally either rest you from the modifiers or lower the dose for a bit. Hope you do honestly feel better ((((( ))))) Cris xx
  • suncatcher
    oh thank you skezier novice now educated. :grin:
    Joanne
  • skezier
    Hey Joanne be careful cus my knowledge is so, so, so, so rusty and some of it is veterinary :lol::lol: xx
  • suncatcher
    You know hubbys life was saved by a vet. The baby milk was making him ill a vet told his mom to change it as it and he thrived so veterinarian advise off you is most well come. :grin::lol: baaaa
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Night night seizer baaaa
    Joanne
  • skezier
    Night Joanne and don't ever let me take your temperature :lol::lol: xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Joanne

l do hope you are feeling better today?

I am sorry the doc minimised your symptoms and really hope you are ok.

Think we need to start a new thread...ask the amateur vet?!! :lol:

Hope you are still able to peek into your garden?

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    Hi Auntie Toni,

Lets really complicate things..... :lol::lol: love the armature vets assistant xxx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Joanne

So sorry you are feeling so very rough and really hope the antibiotics kick in and that you start to feel better soon.

Thinking of you.

Love TIlly xxx
  • suncatcher
    I have finished my antibiotics. I am right from that but Ive got my depression back just hope its because Ive been ill. I take tablets for that one every other day now and once Ive done with this month i can stop taking them. I will get my bloods and pressure done on Wednesday for arther. I will see how i go. Thank you for kind words.
    I'm glad my temperature is better as i would not like the way skeizier takes it. I don't think i would be the same again :lol:
    Sorry for late posts of reply behid with everything this week thankyou Joanne
    Joanne