What do I do now

queenfan
queenfan Member Posts: 563
I have been off sick from work since September 2009 & seen occupational health three times, the last time I saw her see said she could see that I am not getting any better, so it was now up to my employer to get in touch after she's pass on her report. My problem is a new head teacher is now at the school where I work, she's been working there since last September, I don't know her name what she looks like & she hasn't made any contact with me, They have got someone doing my Job while I've been on the sick so where do I go from here.
I know in my heart that I wont be able to go back there,It is really getting me down having this hanging over me, friends from work are ringing me up asking if I am better but I hate letting them down.
sorry for moaning but I don't know what to do :roll:
thank you Sue

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sue
    Wow - that is a long time to be off sick, you have not said why you are off sick I assume that it is athritis - but what kind and what is its impact upon your ability to work?
    You ask what do you do? I am amazed that your employers haven't had an hand in this for you I would assume that you are no longer receiving full pay, Where are you in terms of the employers sickness procedures?
    Have you been offered any reasonable adjustmnts in order to help you return to work?
    Cath
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi Sue..

Sorry to hear your having a hard time at the moment..
    Cath and i have both been through the work process recently..
    Cath has managed to have her hours reduced and adaptions can be made depending on job..
    I unfortunately am being dismissed as my job is very physical and no changes can be made for me..
    Seems quite shocking that you have only seen occy health 3 times since 2009..
    Are you in a union?
    What stage are you at with your sickness policy??
    Any questions you want to ask fire away and feel free to pm me if need be..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • queenfan
    Hi Cath & Tracy thank you for your replies, I stopped having wages since the middle of last year, I have OA in most of my body now, OP in my hip, unable to take anti inflammatory due to having damaged kidney, I am a special support assistant & work in a school nursery, A job i have always wanted to do, I have have struggled on for years,I know I cant carry on there, which breaks my heart, I am in a union
    Thank you both Sue
  • traluvie
    It's good you are in a union they will be able to support you and makes sure that everything runs accordingly..
    It depends on what stage you are in your sickness policy for me to suggest what might happen next..
    I have been on long term sickness since october.. various meetings have to be done at different stages for it to get to the point of a hearing where a final decision is to be made..
    Has work not kept in touch to see how you are getting on and have you had any meetings at work giving an updat on how you are??
  • queenfan
    No I have not heard from anyone concerning work, they just have my sick notes, just sent another sick note in to work for another 6 months,
    I just don't know now what to do.
    Sue :sad:
  • traluvie
    I think the first thing to do is contact your union rep and talk to them..
    I am sure work should have been in contact with you and certainly held meetings but your union rep will advise you on that...
    Also you can get advice from an organisation called ACAS.. they deal with work related issues, they may be able to advise too..
  • queenfan
    I've been awake all night, so it is playing on my mind now more than I thought, I'm in two minds whether to just to tell them I'm packing it in, 7 sending in my notice, but my hubby says that is the wrong thing to do :roll:
    when I last saw OH adviser (last September) she said she didn't think they would pay me off & finish me, so I think she's left the ball in my court.
    I feel like I'm in limbo, it's an horrible feeling, I have tried to put it all out of my mind for months, but it is really getting me down now,
    but hey I suppose there are more important things to worry about that are i happening in my life at the moment worse than this :sad:
    I must see if I can get some sleep now.
    Thank you both for listening to my babbling on :oops: :oops: I hope you both have a pain free day,
    Take care Sue x
  • traluvie
    Hi Sue..

Sorry you had a bad night worrying.. it really is an awful burden..
    I was getting very stressed by it, but now i am going to be dismissed on health grounds i kind of feel that the pressure has been taken off me..
    I don't advise leaving on your own free will... it will be in your best interests if they dismiss you ... my union and occy health told me that...
    If you want to talk some more about it pm me...
    You are not on your own.. we will help you and support you the best we can..
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Hi Sue
    Unless you have closure on this one way or another you are not going to stop worrying - ring your union rep and ask for a meeting with them, explain the situation and put the ball in their court, thats what you pay your union fees for! They have a duty to represent you in situations like this and deal with these kinds of things all the time
    Cath
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Sue

I am a bit shocked and annoyed on your behalf that the new head hasn't bothered to contact you! I can't offer any advise at all, but you do have my sincere sympathy. I hope you do get some pratical advise soon which will help to resolve things. I think maybe Cath is right get your union rep to act for you if you can, rather than worrying yourself even more.
    I wish you better health and less worry.
    Chris
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    not sure if i got this right but thought employers were not allowed to contact you with out your permision when you are off sick so she would not be able to contact you . r you in contact with other teachers there what do they feel is going on might be worth asking one of them you trust. have you contacted her at all to say hi and that you can not wait to meet her . but when push comes to shove do not jump let them push you or you will loose benifits etc good luck val
    val
  • RichC
    RichC Member Posts: 260
    Sorry about all the grief you are having ...
    I am confused !! why are you sending med certs to your employer ? did they issue an SP1 form after 6 months SSP and i take it you are now on Employment and Support Allowance ? If not you have missed out on a lot of benefits you are entitled to. The Union should know all this.
    Rich X