Mallory Park

katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 30. Apr 2011, 15:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Folks,

What a lovely day we have had today. Hubby, youngest and myself went to Mallory Park and watched the vintage motorbike racing and scooter racing.

My dear old Dad used to race bikes in his day and I loved hearing the roar of 'proper' bikes like Nortons and Velocettes. Hubby was happy because there were quite a few lambrettas racing. Hubby and Sarah were well covered in sunscreen (factor 50+) - leather skinned me is now suffering from a 'touch' of sunburn!!

Only trouble was it was an expensive day out. We spent upwards of £60.00 which when you consider we were sitting on the grass £15 each in is quite a bit of money.

Still they are having another weekend in July where a lot of the 'old school' racers are going to be there - people like Kenny Roberts, Phil Read etc and one of Barry Sheene's boys with one of his racing Suzukis.

Better start saving for it now!!

Kate xx

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Kate,
    My ex used to race Lambrettas and we once went to Mallory Park. I can't remmber much about it I'm afraid.Glad you had a great day and a very Happy Easter to you.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Hi Kate,Elizabeth,

my husband has been there to, I haven't. But it sounds the type of thing I would enjoy. I used to love being on bikes and still love to watch them.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Kate
    My OH is really jealous..he wanted to go but couldnt make it....Im so glad you had good weather and a good day.....£15 for sitting on the grass.. :eek: I would have wanted a nice high comfy chair for that....and a nice young man to get me out of it.... :lol::lol:
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    Barbara she has a nice, young man.....

(Sorry Kate I couldn't resist).

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    tkachev wrote:

Elizabeth
    I was going to say I remember it well....but I dont.... :roll: :lol::lol:
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • katekelly
    tkachev wrote:

Elizabeth

Ha ha ha I won't tell him you said that Elizabeth as he might get a bit big headed!! But he was very good at getting me up onto my feet again. I knew there was a reason for marrying a younger man!! LOL

Hows things with you Elizabeth? Your OH going to Euro Lambretta in Ireland this year?
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Couldn't help getting nostalgic when you started talking about Lambrettas.

It took me back to my mod days in the 60's!Had a Lambretta TV175 with all the 'necessary' gear............chrome panels,spotlights,mirrors,crashbars etc. and of course the statutory mod girl on pillion.Essential attire was of course the fur trimmed parka.

What memories........................................ :smile:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Glad you had fun Kate...

my husband goes there for the car racing quite a bit....expensive though :shock:

How are you all doing? Have missed you :smile:

Love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    katekelly wrote:
    tkachev wrote:

Elizabeth

Ha ha ha I won't tell him you said that Elizabeth as he might get a bit big headed!! But he was very good at getting me up onto my feet again. I knew there was a reason for marrying a younger man!! LOL

Hows things with you Elizabeth? Your OH going to Euro Lambretta in Ireland this year?

We would love to go but it is almost impossible to get our son cared for more than the odd night here and there and you need a few nights to enjoy the rally. Is your Mr going ? OH is going to Builth Wells rally this weekend so that and Shed rally will be his lot.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Couldn't help getting nostalgic when you started talking about Lambrettas.

It took me back to my mod days in the 60's!Had a Lambretta TV175 with all the 'necessary' gear............chrome panels,spotlights,mirrors,crashbars etc. and of course the statutory mod girl on pillion.Essential attire was of course the fur trimmed parka.

What memories........................................ :smile:

If you can remember the reg it is possible to find out who owns it now if you want. If you still own it I know a thousand peeps who would buy it off you!

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • katekelly
    tkachev wrote:
    katekelly wrote:
    tkachev wrote:

Elizabeth

We would love to go but it is almost impossible to get our son cared for more than the odd night here and there and you need a few nights to enjoy the rally. Is your Mr going ? OH is going to Builth Wells rally this weekend so that and Shed rally will be his lot.

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

We have a very poorly Lambretta at the moment so OH is trying to get it sorted. He's hoping to try it out at Kelso and then he's off to Ireland in June. What is surreal bout it is the place where Euro Lambretta is being held in Ireland is the same place I went with my parents to a bike rally in the 70's!

Hope you and yours are all ok?

Love K xx
  • tkachev
    Let us hope he gets it sorted for the Euro rally. I guess you aren't going with him.It would be a nostalgic trip for you Kate.
    OH has gone to Welsh rally but only for 1 night as I couldn't cope alone for 2.
    We are all well thanks....

I saw some pics taken at Mallory park of the Scoots and there was racing on 8th April too and they are in Scootering.

E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Think there is a scooter rally here in skeggy this weekend at the footie ground...
    I saw some kind of sign as I drove past this morning but could have read it wrong as I'd been asleep for over an hour.. I only woke up when we got to the caravan, lol..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    There is a small rally in Skegness. Sometimes a national rally is a long way and therefore costly so smaller local rallies are arranged.
    Hope you have a nice rest in Skeggy.

E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Hi Kate
    OH back from Bluith Wells but had an accident coming home(rear hub sheared)but thankfully only bruises and bike reasonable too!

Always a worry.....

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein