Weight Loss

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 11. May 2011, 17:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hiya

Ive been cutting back since last winter in aim to lose about 2 stone to be able to get my knee operation.
So far went to see dietician beginning of March she told me id lost 6 pounds which was very happy with...So been sticking to it, still having my wee things such as unsalted nuts and raisins before tea and a wee bit of mint choc dark chocolate too (maybe only once a week if that).....Hopped on scales today and ive lost another 4 pounds....
The thing that confuses me is that they weigh me in kilos but tell me what ive lost in pounds and we've only got old style scales so it may not be bang on accurate but its about 4 pounds......
Im doing it slowly....But getting there....

Elainex

Comments

• dee2010
    dee2010 Member Posts: 41
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    well done elaine
    i too have problems with my weight and know how hard it is to loss it.
    even a pound is an achievement when you have problems with your knees and pain everyday.
    you can convert th weight using a converter on the pc from yahoo or google.

keep up the good work and take care. xx

davina
    RA since feb 2010

methotrexate, plaquenil, prednisolone, diclafeac, tramadol, co-codamol, enbrel

**Davina**
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Elaine, well done you are doing great it is much better to lose it slowly.
    I am sure you will be able to lose all the weight you need to.
    a little treat is a good thing it stops you feeling restricted and then craving even more
    I managed to lose 4 stone to have a hysterectomy unfortunately i then got Ra and put it back on which is a real bummer but i am like you working on losing it slowly.

I hope you get to your required weight soon and can have your op.

Keep up the good work

Tracey.
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Wow , Elaine , you're doing really well . Keep going it will be worth all your hard work . Jillyb
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Davina

Well yeah i think if youre not naturally thinner then its always a struggle and I put it on so much easier than lose it!
    Im happy with my slow progress, as long as i go in right direction its happy days..
    I know about convertor, got one on me phone but it just cionfuses me when trying to think about it!

Elainex
    dee2010 wrote:
    well done elaine
    i too have problems with my weight and know how hard it is to loss it.
    even a pound is an achievement when you have problems with your knees and pain everyday.
    you can convert th weight using a converter on the pc from yahoo or google.

keep up the good work and take care. xx

davina
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Tracey

Well yes me little treats do keep me going, had me bit of choccy tonight as havent had any for well over a week.....
    You know when youre on medication and other stuff such as meds the weight can creep on...I guess it all about self control....You did dam good losing 4 stone and at least you know you can do it...Positive thoughts!!
    I am speedy the tortoise, it suits me fine....

Elainex
    madwestie wrote:
    Elaine, well done you are doing great it is much better to lose it slowly.
    I am sure you will be able to lose all the weight you need to.
    a little treat is a good thing it stops you feeling restricted and then craving even more
    I managed to lose 4 stone to have a hysterectomy unfortunately i then got Ra and put it back on which is a real bummer but i am like you working on losing it slowly.

I hope you get to your required weight soon and can have your op.

Keep up the good work

Tracey.
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Jillyb

Aw thanks im getting there and if it keeps going like this then its good stuff...I will get that op....Then i'll be shitting meself!

Elainex
    jillyb1 wrote:
    Wow , Elaine , you're doing really well . Keep going it will be worth all your hard work . Jillyb
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Well done Elaine. I would love to lose 4 lbs but seem unable to lose anything.In fact I'm happy if I don't put anymore weight on.

Still ploughing through sewing,form filling but come on here for a break.Will be back to normality soon.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Well Elizabeth

You know youre on more medication than me and if i was on humira etc, maybe id be in same situation....So dont put yourself down....

Good luck wiht all your tasks...

ps Whats normal??ha

Elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    Well done Elaine. I would love to lose 4 lbs but seem unable to lose anything.In fact I'm happy if I don't put anymore weight on.

Still ploughing through sewing,form filling but come on here for a break.Will be back to normality soon.

Elizabeth x
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Well done, It's difficult to lose weight when you can't do much excersise.
    Keep going.
    Anita.
  • elainebadknee
    Thanks Anita

Its is hard but can be done...

Elainex
    tiggernut wrote:
    Well done, It's difficult to lose weight when you can't do much excersise.
    Keep going.
    Anita.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    I've got myself back to slimming world again......weigh in tonight...yikes!!!!!
    I've been over in Ireland visiting my mam.....that is fatal as far as weight is concerned :lol: Wee cup of tea and a biscuit, every half hour :lol: I know i have a gob and could say no but i dont......so not looking forward to tonight.
    You are doing really well......it is hard if you cant exercise but as you say it can be done
    Keep us updated
    Love
    Hileena
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Hileena

Well you know ive just learned to say no now...I mean my folks came in at weekend with a big family trifle and i havent had a drop of it evne though they ask me do i want some...Have my little bit of dark choc once a week maybe though, need a wee treat..

Elainex
    hileena111 wrote:
    I've got myself back to slimming world again......weigh in tonight...yikes!!!!!
    I've been over in Ireland visiting my mam.....that is fatal as far as weight is concerned :lol: Wee cup of tea and a biscuit, every half hour :lol: I know i have a gob and could say no but i dont......so not looking forward to tonight.
    You are doing really well......it is hard if you cant exercise but as you say it can be done
    Keep us updated
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    What will power you must have.....can you bottle it and send me some :lol::lol::lol:
  • elainebadknee
    Hileena

Sorry havent replied to you earlier, must need to go to specsavers!! WHACK!!!
    Its all about an adjustment, I did it with my IBS (used to non dairy products) and my leg i do things in an elaine way, not very elegant or pretty but i manage....

However will blow a little fairy dust and catch it....whizzz!!!!

Elainex
    hileena111 wrote:
    What will power you must have.....can you bottle it and send me some :lol::lol::lol:
  • hileena111
    I'm a vegetarian and I can keep away from meat and fish, I do things an Eileen way....you do learn to adapt dont you? but as far as sweet stuff is concerned....not a chance LOL
    Love
    Hileena
  • elainebadknee
    Hiya

And i thought your real name was Hileena...Hi Eileen!!!
    I still have my little bar of aldi dark choc once a week and have go ahead style yogurt covered bars at lunchtime most days, need a bit of sweetness meslf!

Elainex
    hileena111 wrote:
    I'm a vegetarian and I can keep away from meat and fish, I do things an Eileen way....you do learn to adapt dont you? but as far as sweet stuff is concerned....not a chance LOL
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Hi....Its automatic online that I use Hileena now.....LOL
    It started years ago when I was in a group and went into our chat room as Eileen......chat is very fast and someone typed Hi Leena [got his fingers mixed up} so Hileena its been ever since on line....means no matter where i go people recognise the name.....if people have different nick names for different groups it gets confusing :lol:
    Love
    Hileena/Eileen :lol:
  • elainebadknee
    Hiya

Ah right now i know, was thinking had never heard of Hileena as a name before but it was unusual.....
    Good explanation..

elainex

hileena111 wrote:
    Hi....Its automatic online that I use Hileena now.....LOL
    It started years ago when I was in a group and went into our chat room as Eileen......chat is very fast and someone typed Hi Leena [got his fingers mixed up} so Hileena its been ever since on line....means no matter where i go people recognise the name.....if people have different nick names for different groups it gets confusing :lol:
    Love
    Hileena/Eileen :lol:
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    having nightmare trying to lose weight as well since been on so many pain killers etc my weights gone wild, so am now going to start slim fast, I would dearly love to lose 4 stone by dec 2nd we go on our first cruise with out our kids we normally take them but not this year, am I wicked or what the youngest will be 16 and half, so if anyone knows of any tips to lsoe this damn weight please elt me know ( I'm a vegetarian who cannot eat spicy stuff ) good luck with your diets by the way michelle
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Michelle

Oh slimfast...Good luck with that, it only gave me terrible tummy probs but i didnt realise had IBS...
    I know its hard trying to lose weight when on meds but we all do what we can within reason.
    I guess tips to lose weight, use smaller plates, smaller portion sizes, eat natural yogurt with fruit.....Its all about everything in moderation..

Good luck

Elainex
    having nightmare trying to lose weight as well since been on so many pain killers etc my weights gone wild, so am now going to start slim fast, I would dearly love to lose 4 stone by dec 2nd we go on our first cruise with out our kids we normally take them but not this year, am I wicked or what the youngest will be 16 and half, so if anyone knows of any tips to lsoe this damn weight please elt me know ( I'm a vegetarian who cannot eat spicy stuff ) good luck with your diets by the way michelle