I'm Back and I have some good news

rugbygirl
rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
edited 27. May 2011, 06:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all

I am now back after a break - I have been busy with my study and looking for a new job.

My caudal epidural went really well and I have been able to go swimming at least three times a week - losing about a stone in weight in three weeks. My thyroid tablets are finally working and with being able to do more exercise I am getting fitter.

I am still suffering a bit with the pain and I have had some extra pain in the shoulder but it is manageable at the moment.

I am going for a second interview on Thursday at 9am and I have a good feeling about this.

I hope that everyone else is well and is coping as much as they can with their situations. Look after yourselves and I will be back to talk to you all really soon

Jaki
Jakib0644.gif

Comments

• magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jaki,
    I'm really pleased for you that your caudal epidural was successful. Well done with the swimming and losing all that weight :wink:
    Hope your interview goes well,
    Magnta x
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi Jaki
    Glad to see you back and in such a positive mood.Hope everything goe ok for Thursday.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    positive thoughts will be with you thursday we wont get in your pocket the mess we make not to mention the noise well you would never get the job. well done on weight loss it great news keep going val
    val
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    That's great, hope Thursday goes OK for you. Nice to have good news

Nxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Brilliant news Jaki!!!!!!!

I am so very pleased for you

will cross fingers for tomorrow (now that l have realised it is WEDNESDAY today :oops: )

Love

Toni xx
  • joann1
    joann1 Member Posts: 263
    Thats fab news Jaki, great to here that your doing well

Good luck for your interview on Thursday (tomorrow)
    Jo-Ann
    x
    Jo-Ann
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Jaki
    It good to have you back, and its really good news about your thyroid.
    I will have everything crossed for you Thursday...Good Luck
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Jaki

So very pleased for you!

And really good luck with the interview. I will be thinking of you!

Love Tillyxxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Jaki,

Nice to see you back and glad its helped and its down to a manageable level for you.

Hey good luck Thursday and will keep my fingers crossed. Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Way-hey! Good for you girl - I too hope today goes well and that you continue to regain your fitness and health. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Congrats Jaki!! It's so nice to have some good news! Make sure your well rested before the 2nd interview day! Fingers crossed for you! Make sure you tell us how it goes! :grin:
  • rugbygirl
    I have just found out that I didnt get the job that I was hopeful about.

I have however been approached about another job and I am hoping that something comes of it but I am not getting my hopes up just yet about it.

I will keep you informed about my job prospects.
    Jakib0644.gif
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Hi Jaki,
    Good to see you posting, how are you feeling? sorry you didn't get the job but maybe this new one will be a better one? I have everything crossed for you and sending luck and hugs your way. X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • rugbygirl
    Have been a bit rough but I think I am coming out of the other side. Things on my right side seem to be falling apart and I can only walk in circles but hopefully physio will be more helpful when I eventually go in the morning
    Jakib0644.gif
  • Poppyg1rl
    Good luck with your physio Jaki, I'm in Tuesday for knee aspiration :sad: not pleasant but then neither is having a balloon for a knee :lol:
    Take care and let us know how you get on? X
    'grá agus solas'
  • rugbygirl
    You take care too, and I will be in your pocket on Tuesday
    Jakib0644.gif
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hi Jaki. Good to see you back hun.. I'm glad the injections have helped, always good to hear news like that. Sorry about the job though.
    I've some right catching up to do, looking back I've missed a few threads :oops: :lol:

Be well mi dear
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • rugbygirl
    Thanks guys.

I have been for physio and as is normal I have been poked and prodded. I have signed up for Aqua aerobics as instructed by my physio.

Today things feel like I have really been battered so I am going to have an early night tonight.

Have just had a phone call and heard that I have got an interview on Wednesday so it is fingers crossed that this goes ok.
    Jakib0644.gif
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Good luck for wednesday mi dear... :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Jaki,

Welcome back, I was wondering where you had gone. Been through a lot but hopefully it will all help and work well for you.

Hey the aqua aerobics sound really good... let us know how you get on please? Cris x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi Rugbygirl, Sorry to hear about the other job interview and good luck with this new one! Fingers crossed for you! Hope the Physio helps its like climbing a mountin it's hard but when you get to the top all the hard work is worth it. In your case hope the hard work helps you. Keep us informed about job interviews and Physio. Amanda,(bubbadog). xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Jaki

I am a bit late responding I just want to wish you luck with the interview tomorrow. I will have my fingers crossed for you.

And I hope you continue to improve healthwise.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Jaki

it's lovely to hear such great news!!!!

The jab worked!! the thyoid meds are working and you lost all that weight.....with such a run of good luck you are sure to do well at interveiw too :grin:

Now, no disappearing again :wink: .

Love

toni xx
  • rugbygirl
    Hi All

Thanks for all your wishes.

The interview went ok, and although I have knowledge of the job and have dealt with similar things before, I am not sure how the interview went. It was one of the interviews that you come out feeling no idea of how things went.

They told me that they had more people to interview and that I would be informed later this week of their decision.

I am really not sure what they thought of me but I did tell them that I had OA of the spine and how I would need to act during the day. I am not sure how they took it but they did thank me for telling them. Hopefully something good will happen but I am not holding out too much hope. I have been shot down too many times recently when I have applied for jobs.
    Jakib0644.gif
  • Poppyg1rl
    Hi Jaki,
    Got everything crossed for you, hope you get the news you want to hear soon :grin:
    Good luck with water aerobics, I used to do it years ago and loved it, no chance I could do it now not with PA playing boomerang with my joints :lol: but maybe later in the year if the new meds start to work...
    Good luck anyway for everything Jaki, thinking of you xxx
    'grá agus solas'