scorpio Member Posts: 159
edited 2. May 2011, 15:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry i have'nt been around for a while, but i have had a weird few months -
1st a broken laptop
2nd a virus ridden laptop
3rd i could not get logged on

:lol:

all over now.............how is everyone - well i hope

i am now injecting myself fortnightly with Humira and i am pleased to say i am nearly 100%.........all P has gone, as has the A..........i have joined a gym and i am swimming 4 times a week now. I have just started to use the treadmill and the bikes............i feel strong and healthy for the first time in 10 years

we shall see, of course

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That is how it should be and I am very pleased for you. It's good to hear that these drugs do, occasionally, live up to their promise and I hope it lasts a good long while for you. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • scorpio
    Options
    thanks DD.........how are you doing?. Are you off the prednisolone now?

the injections started working straight away tbh. I keep picking up injuries in my wrists at the gym, so my body is still weak, but i trying to get it strong again...........i missed my peak due to PA, i feel i am owed one...LOL

the guy that originally told me about humira (when i was at my lowest) is doing well on it as well and he has been getting the treatment for 3 or so years now

i hope it lasts
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Glad to see you got back :grin:

Tis so good the meds are working and long may it work flower. People about to go on the Humira will find this one good to read. Well done for becoming active and reclaiming your life! Cris x
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Oh that is such good news Scorpio! Long may it continue.

Tilly xxx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Wow!!! That is fantastic to hear about and so encouraging for those of us, who are struggling on ineffective meds.

Thanks
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I am so pleased for you Scorpio. Humira works really well for me when I can take it.It's just I keep getting chest infections and have to take a break.Make hay while the sun shines Scorpio!

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Chris,
    Lovely to hear from you again. Wow what a turnaround for you, I am really pleased for you. It is good to hear some uplifting news it gives everyone a boost when these medications work so well.
    Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going with you. I hope work is going ok for you.
    Best wishes,
    I x
  • scorpio
    Options
    thanks for the well wishing everyone............the humira really is great

i take it with diclofenec, paracetamol, codeine phosphate and lansapranazol.....but to bet honest i dont think i need anything other than humira.........my shoulders still slip in and out, but i get almost no pain and i have more energy than non arthritis sufferers.......

my swimming is improving and i am lifting quite heavy weight in the gym..........my plan is to try and rebuild the muscle that has wasted away over 10 years of painfulness.............

long may it continue
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hi Scorpio

That's brilliant news.. I have just had my first Humira injection (8 days ago) and also have had a dramatic response. (I've just posted a message about it)

Please keep in touch

Marion
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    scorpio....I am so pleased for you that 1. you ave your computer working again and 2. that you feel so good. Long may that continue.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • scorpio
    Options
    julie47 wrote:
    scorpio....I am so pleased for you that 1. you ave your computer working again and 2. that you feel so good. Long may that continue.

Take care
    Juliepf x

:lol:

thanks
  • scorpio
    Options
    mp1952 wrote:
    Hi Scorpio

That's brilliant news.. I have just had my first Humira injection (8 days ago) and also have had a dramatic response. (I've just posted a message about it)

Please keep in touch

Marion

i am pleased for you marion - do you have PA too?