GollyStephens Member Posts: 19
The

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Golly

Welcome to the forum. I am a forum member and have had acupuncture and it has not really helped me for any length of time.

Acupuncture does not work instantly and everyone is different as to whether it works for them or not. I have heard acupuncture for back problems can work well. Where are you being stabbed with the needles?

Have you been offered a course of 6 weeks or so by the hospital? I would continue if it were me, so as to give the acupuncture a chance. You will lose nothing by continuing and may well gain from it.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • GollyStephens
    Options
    Hi Elna,

Thank you for your reply and welcome, I am having a few weeks treatment and there are three areas they are working on my hands and wrist, my knees and the small of my back.
    However, they have not started on my back yet. It is all very odd for me and I have not realy been a fan of hospitals or the far away treatments such as this. I hope it will work as there seems very little they can do for me.

Yours most sincerely

Golly.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,487
    Options
    Hi Golly,

Thanks for your enquiry to Helplines. Acupuncture is a mild option that many people like to explore as it is not associated with a big risk of side effects.

If you are dealing with a lot of problems associated with pain, then it can be good to be trying a number of day to day techniques for dealing with bad days. I wonder what kind of methods you find work for you?

Are you managing to keep active? Even keeping moving in small ways is important on bad days. On better days, are there things you like to do?

Would you like some more information?
    If so send your full name and address to helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk

I hope that's helpful

Guy
  • GollyStephens
    edited 30. May 2011, 02:59
    Options
    :cry:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Golly :smile:

I am sorry to read that you have felt down. I hope you have cheered up in the last couple of days. I have a feeling that you have done so. :wink::smile:

Perhaps when you go for your next appointment you could have a chat with the person concerned about how you are feeling about this acupuncture business. I sometimes think that if one believes in something, it may work better than if one does not, if you understand my meaning.

If it is making you feel worse then perhaps it is not for you. This can happen. Why not talk it over with the acupuncturist.

Look after yourself,
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.