Epitomising Great Motherhood... ness

Options
NinaKKang
NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
edited 28. May 2011, 02:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello all

Been a while since I've posted a topic of my own, but I thought I'd share this with you - the latest milestone in my motherhood-dom. For those who don't know, I have 3 daughters, aged 12, 9 and 7 and last week I finally took them for an eye test.

Queue lots of squealing and awkward questions about what happens during the eye test (and WHY, never forget the WHY questions). My middle daughter has decided to become an optician and actually seems quite determined about it "cos of all the cool eye glass things you get to check on other people" (lenses). I was asked several times if this was their first eye test, to my shame I had to admit that yes, it WAS their first eye test.

My eldest daughter is short sighted, and hates her glasses with a passion, even though I assured her that she now looks geeky on the outside as well as being geeky on the inside :D My midde daughter, who, it turns out, isn't just clumsy to the point of me steering her well away from glassware in shops, she's very short sighted and has a stigmatism in one eye. That was quite funny, I was telling her about my stigmatism and she said that was just weird and then was horrified when the optician confirmed she had the same thing! But she loves her glasses and I have to pesuade her to part with them to wash and sleep.

My youngest was told by the optician that she had fantastic 20-20 vision for a 7 year old and she promptly burst into tears, begging for glasses like her big sisters!

Kids eh?? I had fun setting up a new album on FB though called "Introducing.... The Geeky Girls" with pics of us all (including me) wearing out glasses!

Nina XX

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    And very pretty and stylish they look too, Nina :grin: Poor Jassie will feel jealous of her two big sisters in their fashionable glasses. She's still the best one at standing on her head though :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing the new fashion accessories soon :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    NinaKKang wrote:
    Hello all

Been a while since I've posted a topic of my own, but I thought I'd share this with you - the latest milestone in my motherhood-dom. For those who don't know, I have 3 daughters, aged 12, 9 and 7 and last week I finally took them for an eye test.

Queue lots of squealing and awkward questions about what happens during the eye test (and WHY, never forget the WHY questions). My middle daughter has decided to become an optician and actually seems quite determined about it "cos of all the cool eye glass things you get to check on other people" (lenses). I was asked several times if this was their first eye test, to my shame I had to admit that yes, it WAS their first eye test.

posh pair of sun glasses is called for make her feel part of things
    My eldest daughter is short sighted, and hates her glasses with a passion, even though I assured her that she now looks geeky on the outside as well as being geeky on the inside :D My midde daughter, who, it turns out, isn't just clumsy to the point of me steering her well away from glassware in shops, she's very short sighted and has a stigmatism in one eye. That was quite funny, I was telling her about my stigmatism and she said that was just weird and then was horrified when the optician confirmed she had the same thing! But she loves her glasses and I have to pesuade her to part with them to wash and sleep.

My youngest was told by the optician that she had fantastic 20-20 vision for a 7 year old and she promptly burst into tears, begging for glasses like her big sisters!

Kids eh?? I had fun setting up a new album on FB though called "Introducing.... The Geeky Girls" with pics of us all (including me) wearing out glasses!

Nina XX
    val