Free cinema tickets for people in receipt of DLA

Alice's mum
Alice's mum Member Posts: 21
edited 30. Jun 2013, 22:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
I was quite surprised to learn recently that people receiving DLA are entitled to a CEA card which gives free entry for a carer at the cinema. Thought it may be useful info for those who are not aware. Here is the link.

www.ceacard.co.uk

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    How thoughtful
    thank you
    gonna down load a form
    juliepf x
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Thank you Alices mom I wondered about this before and wondered how disabled you had to be. if you look at me they would say nothing wrong with me. I just get low rate dla X JOANNE
    Joanne
  • Alice's mum
    Pleased the info was useful. x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    thanks for this.. Looks good, will check it out soon..
    Be well.. :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Thank you so much Alices Mum...that is very helpful...I had know idea you could get this card.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Thnak you for the tip, I will be doing that today.

Janie :grin:
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi ALice's mum, had heard of this before and not followed it up, thanks for reminding me. I should get one for S.

sPEEDY
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Thankyou alices mum this is really helpful. I cant get up and down the ramps and stairs in the cinema without help so have to have someone with me although rarely go this might encourage my hubby and I to go more often as its so expensive nowadays.

Moderators : Could do with a helpful tips and offers thread at the top with things like this as this will soon be lost.

thanks again Alices mum

Theresa :grin:
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    I have changed this to a sticky as per requests, as it seems to be a useful thread for lots of peeps,

Jean
  • cestmoi
    cestmoi Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the prompt: I too meant to look into it and forgot, but downloaded it now. Shame cos ended up going twice last week - first time in months as well!! :roll:
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    That's great thanks for the link.
    Not that I go to the cinema often but it's so expensive that's a handy saving.
  • Rictina
    Rictina Member Posts: 95
    Thanks for sharing.
    Live the dream not dream the life.

sfsf.jpg
  • Jennycg
    Jennycg Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for sharing although I am not entitled, I have forwarded the link to a friend who will find it really useful.

Best wishes

Jenny x
  • suzyq
    suzyq Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for this, I can take my daughter for free now.

suzyq
  • silverbirch
    silverbirch Member Posts: 63
    Someone asked earlier if you needed to look disabled to get these free cinema tickets, my husband has a heart problem ( Cardio Myopathy) so he dosen't look disabled but has DLA, could he get a ticket, we haven't been to the cinema for years, but would enjoy the outing.
    Thank you.
  • Alice's mum
    hi

If you get DLA you can apply for a CEA card. If you click on the link it will give you further details. You pay £5 for an annual card and can take someone with you to the cinema for free. Hope that helps.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    just downloaded the form.i dont get dla but my husband does,he had a stroke 8 years ago,just a little confused does the person who gets the dla get in for free or is it just the carer.Mig
  • Alice's mum
    The person receiving DLA can take someone for free. hope that helps.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    My sons card came through the post yesterday, It is £5.50 now. we will be off to see Cars 2 this weekend.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Dannyboy
    Dannyboy Member Posts: 18
    wow, i've only been on here 2 mins and already I know how to get a free cinema ticket.

thank you so much, Alice's mum. I had not heard of this before.
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Hi all,

Got my card today, whoop!

I also put some other tips on another post about help when going to concerts, queuing etc have a look see if anything that may be of use. xx

http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/forums/living-with-arthritis-forum-f8/tips-for-using-blue-badge-or-dla-t25606.html
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • annstar
    annstar Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for this - i never knew! Considering cinema prices are extortionate nowadays this will be a hug help :)
  • Crazeybones
    Crazeybones Member Posts: 7
    Thank you Alice's mum, I received my Cinema card today, no hassle at all applying for it. I didn't even know it existed until I read your post and was so pleased as when my daughter comes home from Uni she takes me to the pictures as I have no one else to go with so this at least will encourage us to go more as its so expensive. Thank you so much. :smile:
  • hels78
    hels78 Member Posts: 60
    Thanks for the tip. I have just filled in my form and was wondering how quickly they arrive. I know its says 3 weeks but wondered if they came through any quicker??
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Just wanted to say thank you for this information , got my card a few weeks ago and have been to the cinema once a week since ! It's good to get back to doing all those " normal , everyday " things again . Jillyb