Have I got an arthritic hip

Options
silverbirch
silverbirch Member Posts: 63
I have R.A and for the past 4 weeks I have had pain just below the waist on my back,and around to the centre of my stomach, its more sore than anything else.

I visited my GP and she said that it wasn't my hip as I could cross my legs, but she didn't examine me, she thought it was muscular and gave me some Piroxocam gel, I'm not sure though as I still have it after 4 /5 weeks, and my right side just below the waist is swollen.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Silverbirch

Sorry I cant actually help you but I just want to say that I hope things improve for you soon. If you arent happy with the doctors opinion keep going back, if possible see a different doctor.

If you are going to be seeing your Rheumy nurse soon it might be worth speaking to them about it.

I hope someone with more knowledge of RA can come along and help you and I am sure that it wont be long
    Jakib0644.gif
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Silverbirch

Welcome to the forum. I am a forum member. I would suggest that if you still have the same symptoms or more symptoms than you had when you previously saw your gp, I would make another appointment. I feel you have left it long enough already. We know our own bodies better than anyone else and if the meds you were given are doing nothing for you, the gp needs to know this. We do, unfortunately, have to sometimes, keep on at our gps so that they take notice in the end. Or if we get no joy from one gp we go and see another. It is amazing the difference between doctors in their expertise and "bedside" manner.

I hope you get this sorted soon in some way or another.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • silverbirch
    silverbirch Member Posts: 63
    Options
    Thanks Elna
    I am going to make another appointment for the doctors on Tuesday, fingers crossed he can at least tell me what the causeof the pain is.

Thankyou R.G.
    No appointment yet for the Rheumy nurse but I will mention it if I haven't got it sorted.

Nita
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Nita :smile:

Good idea. Let's hope that he can help you, if he is not sure, he can refer you or get some xrays or whatever is needed, organised.
    Do let us know how you get on and I wish you all the very best for Tuesday.

Chin up,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,488
    Options
    Dear Silverbirch,

Thank you for your post to Helplines. As I'm sure you are aware we can't offer individual medical advice. This is a difficult situation to help with as what you really need is an answer. The GP is probably relying on you monitoring the situation and if it's not resolved as quickly as hoped to do as you are doing and go back to them and looking into things together.

It's good to hear that you are seeing them on Tuesday. Unfortunately many kinds of pain can take quite a long time to resolve, and answers can be frustratingly slow.

I'll be on here tomorrow - checking our messages and doing the odd reply - if you'd like to say any more about what's been happening.

take care

Guy