You are amazing...

stephiey
stephiey Member Posts: 61
edited 15. Jun 2011, 17:35 in My child has arthritis
Hi everyone!
I'm Stephanie, I'm 18 & I've had JIA since I was 4.
I just wanted to say how much I truly admire all you parents, I wouldn't have known what I would do without my mum and dad!
They tell me stories about when I was younger and it constantly brings me to tears the amount of trauma they went through, I know I was physically suffering but they said I just got on with it. I realised how distraught they were when they had no idea what to do when I couldn't walk.
I appreciate them so much and I really do applaud all of your amazing personalities and how determined you are to do everything you can. I'm so glad I have my mum, she's still coming to all my hospitals appointments and scans! Even my monthly blood tests. It is safe to say she is probably my best friend! I would honestly do anything for her and try and do whatever I can for her when I can. Even though some of your younger ones have no idea what's technically going on now.
They'll grow up admiring you and appreciating every battle you've had for them.
I really do hope you all are keeping well and aren't too stressed out!
And I hope all your children arent in too much pain and will get better soon.
Just to let you know, I'm currently finishing my last year at sixth form, I received 16 GCSE's in my final year at secondary school. & by July I will have received 6 A-Levels and am in the interview process of going to university. My JIA is currently very settled. I'm on medication but considering I never used to be able to walk, I'm a dancer, I also used to play football for my school team and the running team.
There is so much hope in the world.
I hope you realise how amazing you are, inspiring and admirable.
Take care and I wish you and all your families the best!
Steph x

Comments

• rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Stephanie

I have just read your post and I think that any mother would be proud to have you as a daughter.

You have proved that no matter what you can overcome anything and I think that you are an inspiration.

I have just been diagnosed with OA and I am nearly 40. I felt really sorry for myself and I am still coming to terms with it. Your story has given me a kick up the backside and told me to stop feeling sorry for myself and get back out there to prove that I can do anything I set my mind to.

Good luck with the Uni applications.

Jaki
    Jakib0644.gif
  • Sky
    Sky Member Posts: 18
    Hello Steph,

Congrats on the exams and I wish you well in your future career. I think your Mum and Dad are super proud... and not just because of the achievements :mrgreen:

I think more people in the world could do with reading this post, you've certainly given me a little bit of perpective on my life. Thank you for sharing this :grin:
  • andylamb
    andylamb Member Posts: 41
    Hi Steph,

What a lovely post. Thanks a lot.

Your parents must be so proud of you. I hope you get your results that get you to your first choice in the UCAS lottery.

Good luck!
  • sarahthesinger
    sarahthesinger Member Posts: 7
    Hi Steph

I think that it is wonderful for you to write such nice words. As a mother I am so tired with worry for my daughter.My daughter was diagnosed with JIA and Uveitis when she was two and next week she will be 8. She has been methetrexate injections weekly that I give to her for 4 years. She is so scared all the time of the injections which as a mother is so painful to watch. Emmie is a brave girl and she takes it in her stride. With all the routine blood tests, visits to the hospital we have to do she still has a smile on her face. I wish I could take it from her. Sometimes she keeps things from me as she doesn't want to worry me, but this just worries me more. I am glad to see you enjoying your life and you are happy something for me to hold on to for the future when Emmie gets older, Thanks!
    sarah