double wrist fusion

bobblekins
bobblekins Member Posts: 7
edited 1. Jun 2011, 10:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi. I am a 47 year old nursary nurse with OA. In a couple of weeks I am due to have my second wrist fusion. I am really worried about returning to work eventually as having 2 fused wrists is going to be difficult to carry out my job. Has any body had this done and can offer any encouragement or advice. Thank you

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi bobblekins

Sorry I can not help but......
    Just want to welcome you to the forum and wish you luck with the second fusion.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Sorry I can't help either, I wanted to welcome you. There will be people here that will be able to help just be patient for them to come along.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • bobblekins
    Hi Bobblekins

Good to meet you, but so sorry to hear about your wrists.

I can't help I'm afraid, but if you try a search in the search box above - key in wrist fusion, something may come up. I wonder if ringing the helpline here might be of help? The number is at the top of the page. Might be worth a try. In the meantime, I wish you all the best. If you have any other questions or concerns, don't be afraid to post here - people will be only to pleased to help if they can.

Good luck with everything,
    take care,
    Lynn

Hi Lynn
    Thank you for the warm welcome and the advice, I will take a look.
    Thanks again
    Sandra
  • bobblekins
    constable wrote:
    Sorry I can't help either, I wanted to welcome you. There will be people here that will be able to help just be patient for them to come along.

Karen xx

Hi Karen
    Thanks anyway :smile:

Sandra x
  • bobblekins
    julie47 wrote:
    Hi bobblekins

Sorry I can not help but......
    Just want to welcome you to the forum and wish you luck with the second fusion.

Take care
    Juliepf x

Hi Julie

Thank you for the welcome. I hope the surgery goes ahead this time, it was cancelled in March :???:

Thanks again
    Sandra