Barcelona Brilliance

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 1. Jun 2011, 12:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

I know its football, not everyone's cup of tea but i thought that Barcelona are without a doubt the best team in the world at the moment. They are a joy to watch and im so glad they won last night as without a doubt they are miles ahead of anyone ive seen this season or last.....I liked too when they let Adebola lift the trophy as he had had a tumour on his liver removed only 10 weeks ago and vowed to be back with the team fightring strong and he did with captains armband.
I cant help but thinking too that not only the un-named person was wrong to do what he did and so was the manager to try and ban a reporter for asking a question about RG in lead up to match. He also tried to get him banned from final last night and okay reporters can be naughty but come on this has been brought about by own actions....Arrogance has played a big role in AF's team this year....
Whatever else it doesnt take away from Barca's brilliance, cant see them relinquishing that trophy for a long time.

Elainex

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Unfortunately I missed the match and cannot find any highlights of the goals and the presentation of the trophy. And so much for free speech if they tried to ban a reporter because he asked awkward questions. RG should expect to get ribbed for his antics between the sheets.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Elizabeth

They were brilliant and i say this as an arsenal fan but when they beat us earlier in the competition i knew that nobody could touch them, nowhere near. They have got to be one of the best teams for a long time possibly back to when we won world cup and when Cruyff was playing....
    The reporter didnt ask awkward questions just "how the importance factor to RG" but AF showed the same arrogance that RG showed as i beleive had he not tried to cover up this sham with the superinjunction then it wouldnt have been such a hoo hah as it was....
    Tremendous admiration for the catalans....When something's that good you got to just watch in awe...

Elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    Unfortunately I missed the match and cannot find any highlights of the goals and the presentation of the trophy. And so much for free speech if they tried to ban a reporter because he asked awkward questions. RG should expect to get ribbed for his antics between the sheets.

Elizabeth
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    my son is a manchester united suporter but has also followed bar. for a number of years he was torn as to who he wanted to win but he knew bar. have a great team of players. it was good to see rhooney stand and clap while bar. got the trophy he is starting to mature he did have good day but stood no chance val
    val
  • elainebadknee
    Hi

Well you know no matter who you support if you lose to a team like that there is no shame but they are classes apart.
    I dont think rooney has matured, his behaviour in the world cup effing and jeffing at cameras and his attitude towards marriage is poor but his wife likes the good life so isnt going to jump off that gravy train easily....

Elainex
    valval wrote:
    my son is a manchester united suporter but has also followed bar. for a number of years he was torn as to who he wanted to win but he knew bar. have a great team of players. it was good to see rhooney stand and clap while bar. got the trophy he is starting to mature he did have good day but stood no chance val
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    It was a great game and the best team won mind you the way Barcelona played it was just like watching Premier bound Norwich????????!!!!!
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Noeltone

It was like you say boys against men but if nobody else can rival them then surely thats a sign of the quality of football now isnt it?

Elainex
    noeltone wrote:
    It was a great game and the best team won mind you the way Barcelona played it was just like watching Premier bound Norwich????????!!!!!
  • elainebadknee
    I couldnt agree more...I think a lot of that team are arrogant men and i think AF must take some responsibility for that as good a manager as he is...I must say i liked a cartoon the daily express had in about him which pictured his head on a pigeon and it was as follows:-

Red nosed pigeon....Origin scotland but most likely to frequent north west areas!!!

Rooney is just a lad who had he not been a footballer would be nothing more than joe blogs on the street....He is an over inflated ego who isnt as good as he thinks he is but he is allowed to say he is walking out on team for more money, all the while visiting the knocking shop whilst his wife is looking after thier sproglet...Then look forward 50 plus year and its AF whingeing all the time that other teams get dec isions against them (hello penalties awarded for them?) and that nose gets redder and redder...

Elainex
    rehab44 wrote:
    I do like football, what am I going to do now that the season is over???

Although Man U hare the champions for the 19th time? I still dislike them.. I think it is the arrogance of the whole team and it's officials that annoys me.
    On Saturday Rooney scored the only man U goal, it was a magnificent goal, but the lad himself did not seem to enjoy it, he is an angry young man, he rarely if ever seems to smile even after scoring goals. Anybody see the bust up he had with Fergie on the sideline, what was that about?

Ferguson is a bully! He bullies the press and match official before and during the game, he seems to think he is bigger than the game, a very nasty indidividual

But roll on the next season :lol:
  • elainebadknee
    Hiya

Well i was only born then so cant comment unless can bring it up on internet but yeah tougher stuff and less prima donnas...

Elainex
    delboy wrote:
    I'm inclined to agree with you Len, the sheer arrogance of Fergie makes me spit.

I've just been watching the 1968 European Cup Final Benfica -v- ManU and that was a damn fine game of football with no feigning injuries and a proper leather football.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I agree del. If they fell following a tackle they got up and chased the ball. Great match, charlton, Best, Kidd what a team and Sir Matt refusing to go collect the trophy.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    All I will say is that as a Man City fan, it's a good job we wern't playing Barca, because they would beat anyone. It didn't stop me having a small snigger when the ref blew the final whistle though.
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Hi Elaine I guess you are right Barcelona have set the mantle down in how to play good bright clean attacking football and that is what its all about there's no messin with Messi btw they had several Spainards playing for them and together for Spain is that telling us something about our game with England playing soon??????? :?:
  • elainebadknee
    Nobody can touch them alan not that i can presently see.....And yes i too was glad the right team won, not the most arrogant one!

Elainex
    All I will say is that as a Man City fan, it's a good job we wern't playing Barca, because they would beat anyone. It didn't stop me having a small snigger when the ref blew the final whistle though.
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Noeltone

Well yes the fact that there are many spaniards playing for them and the fact also that Pep has graduated so effortless into management seems just like a stroll in the park....They are on the whole clean, i think Alves can be a wee bit dirty and of course sometimes they go down poleaxed and then up like a spring hare in an instant but I like their style....
    I think one of my players will finally go there, cant see him not going back as he has been enticed for 2 years running and its his hometown, plus he hasnt played with heart for us...See ya Cesc!

Elainex
    noeltone wrote:
    Hi Elaine I guess you are right Barcelona have set the mantle down in how to play good bright clean attacking football and that is what its all about there's no messin with Messi btw they had several Spainards playing for them and together for Spain is that telling us something about our game with England playing soon??????? :?:
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Elaine,
    You seem like a sensible football supporter, very wise, clued up,and you seem to be on the same wavelength, as another very sensible footie supporter.
    I live in a town in North Manchester, and half the people are walking around depressed, and half are walking around with silly grins..... I wonder why. Alanthemanc ( proper Mancunian ).
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Alan

Yeah im sensible, i have my dislikes and likes but on the whole i like most football...I mean for me dad's 70th i went with him to see his team he had supported since boyhood - Partick Thistle...I was the only girl in the stand and they kept effeing and jeffing at the manager then turning round to me saying "im sorry for my foul language love"....We paid the princely sum of £4 each to get and and then nearly missed dads birthday party as got stuck in traffic jam!
    Yeah manchester teams done well this year...Your team has done it the chelsea way and bought your way to success with the Sheik's but nonetheless got silverware and one of my all time heroes - Vieira!!! Id have him back in our time like a flash, proper tackles, scare the **** outta roy keane!!!ha

Elainex
    Elaine,
    You seem like a sensible football supporter, very wise, clued up,and you seem to be on the same wavelength, as another very sensible footie supporter.
    I live in a town in North Manchester, and half the people are walking around depressed, and half are walking around with silly grins..... I wonder why. Alanthemanc ( proper Mancunian ).