mouth ulcers

bevman
bevman Member Posts: 107
Hi my husband has severe RA and attended his rummy today one of the questions she asked him was had he had any mouth ulcers but did not say why she wanted to no and as it happens he has had a few really sore ones latley.
he has been on rituxamab but that was in november 2010 any ideas ?

thanks Alison

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Alison

I am a forum member. I have a feeling that one of the side effects of rituximab can be mouth sores or ulcers. Did your husband let the nurse know that he had been suffering with mouth ulcers?

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi Alison,

This is one those situations where we have to signpost to the rheumatology nurse because it's all about medical advice. What are they like at yr husband's clinic - do they ring back promptly? Are they friendly and approachable? Feeling that it's ok to get in touch and clarify things is so important.

Key I'd imagine is whether there is anything they can suggest to help calm down the mouth ulcers.

all the best
    Guy
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    I get mouth ulcers but is due to my SLE (a form of lupus) and not my medication as is often the case.

Just wanted to say that if your hubbie also gets ulcers on the inside of his nose then I find good old vasilene heals it pronto.
  • bevman
    bevman Member Posts: 107
    Hi everbody thank you all for your replies my husband has got an appointment with his rummy nurse soon so i will make a note to ask her about the ulcers and why the consultant asked the question.
    thanks
    Alison x