Been asked to help DWP with their replacement for DLA

wazz42
wazz42 Member Posts: 233
edited 6. Sep 2011, 17:25 in Living with Arthritis archive

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ooooh wazz42, how strange. I haven't been asked, I recieve DLA, and I can understand your concerns. I don't know who would have any info on this - is there anything on the interweb somewhere? Probably not. Would the helpline here have any knowledge about it? I dunno. I wonder if delboy or livinglegend know anything? They are pretty clued-up individuals, I hope they spot this thread. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    I would be inclined to ask for everything in writing Wass so that you could consider and I would certainly not answer their questions on the telephone we all have differing opinions of certain organisations and their practises. I would say be careful.

Just a thought have you been assessed recenty and did you win or appeal.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, I'd ask for everything in writting too. It sounds silly, but I don't trust these people as far as I can throw them. You can't be too careful or am I being cynical or paranoid?
    Also think of your health. Is anything they ask you to do going to be painful or worrying? If so don't put yourself at any risk.
    Hope all goes well, love Sue xxx
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    I agree with the others , that is strange the trouble is they dont give anyone any faith in them they try every way to stop people having DLA so it makes everyone not trust them.
    I would be very careful , they may ask you to do things you are'nt comfortable with . Is it a long time since you had one or have you just had one , why have they asked you? thats what i would want to know. Do keep us posted to what you do it will be very interesting.
    ...........jillyx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Noooo Way!!! How do you know theyre from DLA if its just on the phone and why would you answer questions of a personal and senstive nature to someone you havent a scooby's about?
    Plus dont save them money, tell em to send you out the info...

Elainex
    wazz42 wrote:
    Hi,
    I had a phone call today from the DLA people to ask if I would take an anonemous medical, planned for the replacement to DLA (PIP personal indepence payment)

Apparently I will get a phone calll from group4 security (thought they ran the prisons) and will have a medical and assessment either at home or at a centre. They say it will all be anon and they need people to help with the planning of the medical and I can see the reasonable idea of helping to perfect a system. But I don't trust them at all so an concerned for me personally and also for giving credence to what could be a pretense at asking our opinions etc.

So, has anyone else been asked, and advice on what to do, for me personally and as a representative of people with DLA.

Thanks
    Wazz
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    No way would I do it.
    Don't trust this government or anything to do with it, they're SNEAKY.
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    yeah me too, i dont trust them either, i would not do it either, what a cheek.

dont know why they got to change the name of it anyway its going to confuse lots of people, but then thats them all over. lol
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • kneegirl
    kneegirl Member Posts: 492
    Hi Wazz

Could you maybe ring DLA 08457123456 and find out if it's real? xx
    event.png
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi wazz

well l think you have been very sensible and taken all precautions to check they are bona fide.

If l were you the only thing l would add is a person with me...friend or family.

Very interested in this

Love

toni xx
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    That is very interesting Wass makes me wonder what they are going to do next. I also wonder if all this malarky is cost effective or will be reading in the papers soon that it has cost more that is worth as is usual with this Government inititives.
  • tweedie
    tweedie Member Posts: 70
    Hiya,
    How strange just been reading on the benefits and works site about this and you are right to say NO, BIG BROTHER is most certainly watching us --- how come we have to pay for everybody else's mistakes re the bankers and many others all we want to do is get through each DAY, thats hard enough without all this extra stress.
    Joanna
    xx :x
  • justinbarrow
    justinbarrow Member Posts: 338
    lululu wrote:
    That is very interesting Wass makes me wonder what they are going to do next. I also wonder if all this malarky is cost effective

I doubt its cost effective as it must be costing millions to re-asses cases. They want to scrap DLA and Call it PIP Personal Independence Payment then from 2015 they are going to start measures to merge all benefits into one single payment and this will be called Universal Credit. So if they are going to do all this why spend lots of money on assessing Incapacity/ESA and DLA benefits when they know they are going to scrap these and start changing it again from 2015.

I think its just a way to keep everyone having to go to medicals and various assessments every few years to make sure that nobody gets it that shouldn't, For instance say they estimate around 20% of people in receipt of DLA should not get it (how they come to this who knows) so if they change to Personal Independance Payment and 20% of people get refused DLA/PIP then by further introducing the universal credit system this will give way to new assessments by telling people with an illness or disability to go to further medicals where they can then look at kicking a few more people off which will be more than the initial 20% that they first estimated.

Then think of the number of appeals being logged over the next 5 years :roll:
  • justinbarrow
    justinbarrow Member Posts: 338
    forgot to mention.....

due to government cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel is to be turned off :lol:
  • Davey2010
    Davey2010 Member Posts: 1
    I had a similar call today from a lady saying working for G4S it came as a shock out of the blue on a Saturday morning she went on to say they could come to my home or have me attend & there would be a £30 voucher payment, I said I would have to think about it, it seemed they expected me to agree there & then.
    I am very suspicous & it seems like others here do not trust "them" I have decided in future to ask any similar callers to put it all in writing, I wanted to reply to the message as although I do not have arthritus problems this forum is the only one I could find which had anything relating to this.
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Hi

This sounds very much to me same as a post i put on warning that DWP were ringing people and asking certain questions, which depending on your answer decided your benefits......I think its sneaky, lazy and if its unexpected then its not fair at all.....
    These people havent a clue what life is like for many but still they seem to ring unpleasant changes all the time..

Elainex
    Davey2010 wrote:
    I had a similar call today from a lady saying working for G4S it came as a shock out of the blue on a Saturday morning she went on to say they could come to my home or have me attend & there would be a £30 voucher payment, I said I would have to think about it, it seemed they expected me to agree there & then.
    I am very suspicous & it seems like others here do not trust "them" I have decided in future to ask any similar callers to put it all in writing, I wanted to reply to the message as although I do not have arthritus problems this forum is the only one I could find which had anything relating to this.
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    wazz42 wrote:
    Hi,

Just been reading a website (pm me for details) regarding benefits and claiming DLA IB etc and their advice seems to be 'no' to going ahead. G4S possibly.........

Wazz

Hi,

If you still want the pain map just email me an address that can accept attachements. xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Have no doubt that if these government contractors are after information to back up their databases, they will be able to profile all claimants including reading these pages and identifying a lot of arthers, more knowledge is more power to them.

These changes are politically driven and will succeed, do not believe in fairness or whether it is 'right' or 'wrong', it will happen.