anti tnfs and diet

salamander
salamander Member Posts: 1,906
Hi helpline team,
When I was prescribed Cimzia, I was told by the nurse from the drug company I could eat anything I liked but to be careful about food hygiene. However, when I checked on a well known arthritis site the advice was to avoid foods that could cause listeria or salmonella infections.

I'm quite prone to getting infections in general so am being cautious but it is playing havoc with my social life (I eat with friends a lot) and making me just a tiny bit neurotic about food.

Any views on this?
Thanks

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sally,

can't help you but butting in to say nice to see you and leave you a ((((( ))))) and i hope things are okish?

You are missed by the way. Cris xx
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,462
    salamander wrote:
    Hi helpline team,
    When I was prescribed Cimzia, I was told by the nurse from the drug company I could eat anything I liked but to be careful about food hygiene. However, when I checked on a well known arthritis site the advice was to avoid foods that could cause listeria or salmonella infections.

I'm quite prone to getting infections in general so am being cautious but it is playing havoc with my social life (I eat with friends a lot) and making me just a tiny bit neurotic about food.

Any views on this?
    Thanks

Hi Salamander

Don't get neurotic about it but like the nurse said just pay attention to food hygiene. i.e.wash fresh stuff, cook certain things thoroughly and and avoid things like desserts made of raw egg or other raw ingredients that are prone to carrying certain bacteria. Its more about being aware of what you are eating and knowing how it was prepared that is important, rather than depriving yourself. Hope that helps.

Best wishes

simona
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Thanks Simona.