Hi helpline, any info on Golimumab?

Poppyg1rl
Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
Hi,
I know you're not there at the weekends, but at my appt on Friday my rheumatologist said he would like me to try Golimumab? I had been on Humira and had a bad reaction (lung/breathing difficulties) and had to come off everything bar 25mg prednisolone.
Well, my lung has now healed, and I'm back on Methotrexate and as I say Golimumab is the new drug proposed for me to try but I don't know anything about it, can you help? any information about it would be good. Obviously you don't know if you are going to have a reaction to something unless you try it, as was the case with Humira, but I'm keen to find out a bit more about this new anti TNF.
Thanks helplines Xxxx
'grá agus solas'
'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Poppyg1rl

Although we are not in the office one of us is always around to look in at weekends. Here is a link to info on Golimumab for you: http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis_information/arthritis_drugs_and_medication/golimumab.aspx
    We'll be around on Monday if you need to talk to us.
    Have a lovely weekend.

Simona
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Simona,
    Thankyou so much for the link, I really appreciate your help. It's a bit scary trying another anti TNF after the Humira reaction, but I read the link and understand a lot more about Golimumab, hopefully it will be the right one for me :grin:
    Thanks again, you do a wonderful job of looking after us all I'm very grateful :grin:
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X