bony lumps

cassey
cassey Member Posts: 6
hi im new to this forum, and i would like to ask some advice please. does anyone no what bony lumps on the feet are? i have several that have spread. i get terable pain especially in my feet its like an enoying toothach pain when i have flair ups with the pain the lumps get bigger. does anyone else have this im intrested to no . my g.p just said there bony lumps. they dont move when touched or hurt when pressed. thank you cassey

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear Cassey,

Thank you for your enquiry to Arthritis Care Helplines. I am sorry to hear of the problems you have had with your feet. Do you have an existing arthritis diagnosis I wonder, or is this completely new to you?

Where people have arthritis elsewhere in their bodies and another part of the body has problems, sometimes getting the new area diagnosed is done more quickly. The downside with this is that sometimes getting clear suggestions about what to do may not be done as carefully.

But if you are having a lot of problems it may be important to make that clear to your GP, so that you get a thorough referral.

If this is a first problem, then 'bony lumps' does not seem enough information at all. You may need to ask the GP what kind of arthritis has caused the lumps.

You may well need to discuss with the GP about referring you to a podiatrist or musculosletal clinic.

We can send you more information on feet if you private messge us your full name and postal address, and if you know what kind of arthritis you have, do tell us please.

I hope that helps

Guy