Hello - back after straying away!

dopeykit
dopeykit Member Posts: 107
edited 20. Jun 2011, 11:46 in Say Hello Archive
Hello all,

I used to come on here a while ago when I was about to undergo a hip operation for impingement. Since then I've been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and am on Humira, MTX and sulfasalzine.

I'm grounded from work at the moment which is rubbish with a flare up and getting married soon so hoping to get over it quickly.

Looking forward to getting back in touch with everyone

Kit
www.cookingwitharthur.com
Healthy, tasty recipes for living well with arthritis

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I am on humira, injected meth and sulph too. I presume they are doing something to help but I am not entirely sure what. I like the oral steroids best of all, they DO make a difference I can notice, which is why I am coming off them. Take a med that helps? Ridiculous notion! :smile:

I have PA, and now OA in my knees. I am waiting to hear from orthopaedics about what the options are. I am not crossing my fingers for replacements (both need doing apparently), whilst the government has an inordinate amount of money to donate towards a vaccination programme it cannot spare a few thousand for the likes of me or the rest of us on here. Utterly disgraceful.

I hope you stick around this time, dopeykit! It's been nice meeting you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dopeykit
    dopeykit Member Posts: 107
    Hi DD,

I remember you from before! Really nice to hear from you - thanks.

Nice to hear someone on the same combo as me (although not so nice for your probably :wink:). I agree about the steroids, I like the shots best...

Sorry to hear your knees are in a bad way. The waiting time for orthopaedics is ridiculous, although they are my least favourite doctors. Ops are the worst!

See you on the boards

Kit
    www.cookingwitharthur.com
    Healthy, tasty recipes for living well with arthritis
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I love ops. Adore them, they are supposed to help and make life better. It's the only time I am pain-free for any decent length of time, but luckily I am unconcious and know nothing about it, it would make the waking up far, far harder. I will be chasing orthopaedics this week to see what hasn't happened about my case in the past two months! :smile:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben