Travel pillow

broads
broads Member Posts: 15
edited 29. Jun 2011, 13:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
I was diagnosed with Cervical Spondylosis a while ago. I wonder if anyone can recommend a travel pillow to help support my head. Early days yet I know but I have a long haul flight, economy class, in a few months. Thank you

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    What suits one may not suit another. It's best if you can go and try a few, see what the differences are and find the best for you. I had a sausage-type shaped thing, full of little polystyrene beads or summat, that moulded beautifully until it burst. Now I use a rolled-up handtowel on the rare occasions my neck hurts. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    I can not help with which to buy but I have seen them in various shops. Perhaps you would be best to try one first.(if possible)

Just wanted to say I hope you enjoy whats sounds like a lovely holiday.
    Juliepf x
  • broads
    broads Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the replies. Sorry not being funny but it ia a bit hard to 'try' pillows. Obviously each to their own but I was after advice from people who have endured long haul flights and could maybe comment on the one they used. thanks
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I have a heat-up shoulder and neck thing which has a metal thingy in it...you click it and it heats up.

I find heat on long journeys often helps me most.

can't advertise it, but the two words it is made up of are there if you look :wink:

also l take my pain killers with me.

Best wishes and hope your holiday is good

Love

Toni xx