New here

daina
daina Member Posts: 5
edited 29. Jun 2011, 15:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
My name is daina and I live in the states.I was diagnosed with JRA at 5 years old in 1981. I have it in every joint of my body, but have always ben RF negative. I also have fibroyalgia. I'm currently being treated with orencia, MTX, prednisone, lyrica, and others, as well as pain killers.
I just had an MRI of my cervical spine and found, due to deterioration I have a disc pressing on my spinal cord and two pinched nerves. I also had an MRI of my knee and am hoping to be sent to someone for a replacement. Because of my knee I have a stress fracture in the opposite foot. My body is falling apart and I just wanted to have a place to vent.

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Daina..

Welcome to the forum..
    You have come to the right place to vent..
    You have suffered since a young age.. that must have been awful.. I have inflammatory arthritis and have no RF factor in my blood either and have it in many joints but mine has been for less than a year..You have suffered much longer..I hope that they are able to do something for you soon.. in the meantime whenever you want to talk feel free.. You are not on your own..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    And a warm Yorkshire welcome from me too...

I hope that you are not suffering too much at the minute.

I have osteo arther in my knees and spine, sero-negative in my wrists and hands along with golfers elbow and chondrocalcinosis in the left knee, lol..
    Ain't life a big bundle of fun, haha... :wink::grin:

Gotta go, hands are playing up. Hope to see you around, make yourself at home, we are a friendly and understanding bunch :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    HBi
    Welcome Daina....to the forum.
    You've definately come to the right place to vent.....What a young age to be diagnosed at....it must be awful.
    I've got OA in hips {had one replaced} lower spine, neck and ankle
    Enjoy the forum

Love
    Hileena
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Hi Daina
    welcome xxx
    im sure you'll find loads of advice and different things to read up on, and some fun stuff and great people to chat to xx

(im off to florida in 2 months :grin: )
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi daina

Just dropped in to say welcome to the forum.
    It is a great forum and the people on here are very supportive.
    I hope you enjoy being part of it.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Daina

welcome to the forum from me too :grin:

this is just the place to come to vent frustrations and bounce ideas about and give/receive advice and support :smile:

I too have inflamatory arthritis but my bloods are also negative.

I had back surgery 8 years ago due to something similar to you and a fractured but of bone floating around. l know how painful this is.

Love

Toni xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi and welcome to the forum Daina, hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Amanda/bubbadog. :smile:
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi Daina
    Welcome to the forum.We are a caring and supportive crowd here and between us probably have every arthritis there is,and can speak from personal experience.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Daina
    And a very warm welcome to this lovely forum, your back sounds a bit like mine.
    The MRIs are so good, but the trouble is they show everything up, and my back man said you could have been living with some of these for ever, no help what so ever .
    I do hope you stay with us, this form has been a lifeline for me.
    You take care and I hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Love
    Barbara
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Hi Dainia

Just wanted to say a big welcome to the forum. We all have various types of arthur and we try and help each other as much as we can, and give each other support. Anyway, Welcome again and hope to see you around the forum.

Karen xx
    Karen xx