IT WAS SURPOSED TO HELP

jayneys
jayneys Member Posts: 122
edited 5. Jul 2011, 08:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all.....IV been to see Rheumatolgy consultent my dr seem to think ishould go and see him as i haveing bad time with meds.The last time i went the consulent said id got oa hips and knees and //MAYBE INFLAM.I was so hopeing i would see the same person ,but it was not to be.The lady i that called me in did not seem to understand or mybe it was me that did not understand,i was pinning a lot of hope on this app and may be if id seen thr man i saw LAST time could see how much i have detrioated iv lost just under 2 stone and when she moved my hips and legs it was very painfull,last time my hips hardly hurt at all .She is sending me to fiseo.Ifeel very upset so much so i rang the help line and the poor girl,on the phonewas so good,i could hardly talk for crying,she helped me a lot and i feel a little better. Sorry to be so down on such a lovly day. JAYNE X

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear, Jayne, I am so sorry. Inflammatory arthritis can be very hard to diagnose, if she did not ask you to have any blood tests I guess she is thinking purely along the lines of OA. Physio may well help, and I hope it does. Did she suggest Xrays? I know you have been struggling with the meds, but truth be told there are not that many that help (as it were) with OA, just the dullers and anti-inflammatories. Is the weight loss due to side effects, stress, pain or a horrid mixture of all three? I am glad you rang the helpline, they are good people and they know how to listen. And so do we. You take care, I hope you feel better in yourself soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Hi Jayne
    sorry to hear your feeling so miserable, many of us have been in the same shoes as you, to be honest i dont know whats the real problm with me... first of all its early arthritis, then its called palindromic rhuematism, no one heard of it so made me feel stoooopid,
    im then told i have ra, then another says when my knee was replaced that i must have oa... i had a bone scan last year, revealed no inflamation i think he said, but showed early degenerative arthritis of both hips.... so no idea really whats going on in my body i just pop the pills everyday and hope for the best..

**hugs**
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Jayne

What an awful appointment for you. I am so sorry. You did the right thing to call the helplines. Others who have used the helplines say how patient, kind and understanding the team is and don't worry about crying, they are used to that. It probably did you good to have a cry and to be able to talk to someone at the end of the phone who really understood how you felt. Perhaps when you get a physio appointment through you will be able to talk to him/her about the deterioration and so on and see what they say. I would have thought that your gp should receive information about your visit to the rheumi so it may be a good idea to see your gp in a while to ask to see/have a copy of the letter.

Look after yourself,

Gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi Jayne..

Sorry to hear your appointment never went well..
    Glad to hear the helpline was able to help you out.. It is good to have a cry every once in a while..
    Just wanted to send you some big hugs(((((X))))) and hope you feel a bit better soon.. We are here for you too..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Jayne
    Please dont apologize for being down, we are always here to listen.
    I do understand , I have had one rheumy appointment and like you I was pinning all my hopes on it, I was in for 8 mins and he just wasnt interested.
    Good for you calling the helpline, at least you have got it off your chest.
    Hopefully you will get some proper help very soon, dont give up just keep pushing for the right treatment.
    You take care.
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Jayne

I am sorry you felt not understood.

I bawled to the helpline once and they just had to wait patiently for me to stop crying so dont feel embarrassed :oops:

Physio is maybe a good idea and if you have a nice (and you will this time - law of averages) one they will help you gently.

If you havent been discharged then it might be worth going back to GP and asking if you were referred to same clinic...maybe you got one of the registrars not the rheumy?

Love

Toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Jayne

I am so sorry that you are in so much pain and your appointment was not much help. Did you mention your weight loss to the rhummy person? about 6 yrs ago I lost a stone in weight and this was due to my ra being very active. My rhummy put me in touch with a nutritionist to give me advice on foods to help build me back up, because no matter what I ate I didn't put on the weight. ( I was too thin and for me to admit that I must have been)
    I hope your pain eases a little soon and that physio helps.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello Jayne

I am so sorry things are so hard for you at the moment. Feeling so dreadful and not having a proper diagnosis is really hard. And I know how bad it feels to pin all your hopes on an appointment, only to find that it doesn't work out how you hoped.

On a practical note I am so glad that you rang the helpline and that you feel a bit better as a result. I also think that Elna's suggestion of asking your GP for a copy of the rheumatology letter is a good one because at least you will have an idea then of what they have said which will perhaps help you to work out "what next".

Thinking of you Jayne - and do keep posting cos we've probably all been there and we do understand.

Love Tilly xxx
  • jayneys
    Thank you all so much .Your kind words are better than any meds.And if any body from help line is reading this thank you very very much. LOTS OF LOVE JAYNE XXX
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Hi, have only just seen this. I hope you are feeling a little better now. You have already been given good advice re asking the gp to see the rheumy letter.

If you get a good physio they are worth their weight in gold. They can refer you on to other services such as OT and podiatry. They also liase with the rheumy so they may suggest further treatment.

Take care
  • jayneys
    Thank you Suzygirl .Im feeling much better ,and begining to think seeing a physio wil l be a good thing,allyour advice,from all of you ,has made such a diferance.O DDthe weight loss due to all three i think ALL THE BEST JAYNE X
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Jayne
    I'm sorry....not been great today so not been on line much.
    Sorry you had such a rotten appointment but glad you were able to vent and get it off your chest {so to speak} :lol:
    Its true....for OA there aren't many drugs available....antiinflammatories and a few pain killers and thats it
    Hope you feel a bit better now

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Morning Jayne, I hope you are feeling a little better/brighter in yourself today. I am thinking of you. DD
  • jayneys
    Good afternoon all, well its just afternoon ,and its not so good as far as the weather is con serned ,but im feeling better after seeing my dr today .HE was not very inpressed with the understudy to my consultent ,he said i would never conplain ,but he will.Have been very down over weekend,nobody likes to feel that you are wasting someones time.Well im not going to dwell on it.Wishing you all the best lots of love JAYNE XXX
  • dreamdaisy
    You are not wasting anyone's time, if anything that ungracious **** wasted yours. I hope your GP does complain, public people should not be allowed to go unchallenged over their less than suitable behaviour. I hope you are feeling a little better in yourself, Jayne. DD
  • jayneys
    Thanks DD, my dr said i am to kind,because i said mybe i did not under stand her ,he did not see it like that and he cant what tillhe gets her letter,im so lucky to have such a nice dr.Hope you are good,in your reply you soud like my brouther,its just what he said but with a lot of swarering.Im feeling a lot better,thanks DD. LOVE JAYNE XXX