Peeceee
Peeceee Member Posts: 5
edited 30. Jun 2011, 11:37 in Say Hello Archive
Hi folks..just joined the forum, i have PA i have been diagnosed about 1 1/2 years now...i look forward to chatting to you and getting tips how to manage :P

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Peecee..

Welcome to the forum.. a few have PA on here so will be able to shed some more light on it..
    Hope you find the forum useful.. we are a great bunch on here, and are always willing to lend an ear and support you..
    Look forward to seeing you around..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hi Peecee, it's nice to meet you. I too have PA (I am in my fifteenth year, but went undiagnosed for five then classed as an inflammatory version for a while) and have recently learned that I have aquired OA too. Meds-wise for the PA I have tried a good few and am now on humira, meth, naproxen, omeprazole, oral steroids plus some BP meds, weekly folic acid and weekly alendronic acid. What are you taking and has any of it helped? The LWA forum is where questions about meds, appointments, doctors, MRIs etc are dealt with, the other forums are self-explanatory. I hope to see you around. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Hi and welcome to the forum. I ave inflammatory arthritis amongst other things. Hope your meds help you.
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi Peecee
    Welcom to the forum,you'll find us a friendly sympathetic crowd.We have a wealth of knowledge between us,gained from personal experience.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • Peeceee
    Thanks folks :-) i was in about 4 months into taking MTX and my wife and i started talking about having a baby so i had to stop taking MTX to concieve...so i can happlily say that my wife is pregnant and im going to start taking MTX again with in the next few weeks :smile: so while i wasnt taking MTX while we were trying to concieve i was taking diclofenac and a mixture of 30/500 cocodamol and 8/500 cocodamol..that has helped through but im still in quite alot of pain with it so im looking forward to getting on to the mtx again and maybe ill get some pain relief.

When one of your joints fuse will it ever un-fuse through taking mtx???
  • dreamdaisy
    Short answer? No. Once a joint is fused/damaged due to arthritis it stays damaged. Joint replacement can be carried out if appropriate but only when a certain level of damage is achieved. If you are managing on just meth then hopefully that means they have caught you quite early and the damage will be minimal - the idea of the meth is to slow the progress of the disease and minimise damage. DD
  • Peeceee
    Well before i came off mtx i was on 30mgs a week and my rheumy said he was going to start me on another drug that i could take daily seeing my symptoms were not getting any better.....so it wil be interesting to see what he puts me on as well as mtx. PC
  • dreamdaisy
    That's quite a high dose of the tablets, injected meth may work better - the liquid is more potent than the tablets as the digestive process is avoided. As to what else they might add well, my best guess is sulphasalazine, they tend to be put together. What joints are affected - is your mobility OK? DD
  • Peeceee
    i was taking 9 mtx before i stopped to concieve, i took them on a monday morrning and i felt a bit sick for a while but it soon passed, ill maybe look in to the injections, do you do these yourself?

My shoulders are quite sore :!: my left wrist can be sore and my second finger on mr right hand has fused slightly, hips can be sore and my right knee is filled with fluid and my toes on right foot have kinda fused...thats all my ailments for now lol...only a few years ago i was a soldier and i was fit as a fiddle and strong as an ox, its still hard for me to take that i have it :(
  • dreamdaisy
    I do all my injections, it saves a great deal of time. If you are coping OK with the meth your consultant may not agree to the change but it's always worth asking.

Adjusting to the new life that comes with arthritis is not easy. I am very lucky in that I have never known good health, my childhood and adolesence was wrecked by eczema and asthma, so it was only logical that PA would crop up at some point, despite the fact that I am the first person in my family to go down the arthritis route. This must be very hard for you so I sympathise rather than empathise!

I am into my fifteenth year of this and now have around thirty five affected joints. I have been on crutches since 2002, a pram is next and I must admit that I am quite looking forward to it. It'll help me achieve more, make my life easier - what's not to like? It will also give my husband some exercise as he wheels his tubby wife around! :smile: