Hi looking for some advice :-)

L1985
L1985 Member Posts: 120
edited 30. Jun 2011, 08:56 in Young people's community
Hi everyone

Brief background - I was diagnosed with graves disease about 18 months ago (currently waiting for surgery to cure it), shortly after been diagnosed I started with intense pain in my fingers. I have mentioned this joint pain to a number of doctors and finally in February this year I had some blood tests taken to try and find out what was causing this pain. The bloods came back to show a high level of something...sorry im not sure what it was .... and they doctors think I have rhuematoid arthritis. The pain is now in my wirsts.

Im 26 and next week have my first appointment with the Rhuematologist. I basically want some advice about what happens at your first appointment? Will I be started on some medication straight away? I have waiting whats seems like a long time to find out what is causing this intense pain and I want to make sure I get the most out of the appointment next week... hope this makes sense!

I look forward to getting to know everyone. :grin:

Thanks in advance for reading and for any help.

xxx

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi there :)

Welcome to the forum. If you go over to the Living with Arthritis zone, on Page 3, there are three threads on just what you are asking.

They are entitled:

Referred to hospital for diagnosis - what to expect and two threads both entitled First appointment with Rheumatologist.

I hope these postings will be of some help to you.

I wish you all the best at your forthcoming appointment.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • L1985
    L1985 Member Posts: 120
    Hi elna

Thanks or your help :grin:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    A pleasure :grin:

You may like to post your question on the LWA forum too. More people look in at that zone. The Young People's zone is sometimes fairly quiet.

Look after yourself, :smile:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.