through the mill

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
Bloody hell back to work today after 2 months off and boy do I feel sick from that orrible creeping pain that hunts me down this time of day, just wandering around an office all day is getting to be to much for me I just have to face facts, the ship is going down I fear, it's always the same through the day I'm not to bad and then around 7 it starts, I'm going to give it another week or so then I am going to have to take up my GP's offer of long term sick as I can't keep this up now,no way no how it's won, bloody OA and chronic pain feckin syndrome. takes your youth and give you pain as a reminder of what you've lost:evil

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Mel,
    I can feel your pain in your words :sad:
    I had to give up my business of 15yrs last December as I just couldn't cope with the pain of PA and pressures of being self employed, at the time I felt like an ancient doddering old crone not a wife, mum of 3 and 38.
    I don't regret giving up, the pain hasnt gone, but im not having to put a smile on and pretend that I'm not in extreme pain. Dont think of arthritis as having won, it's just that you are having to take a different path. Who knows where it will lead you? It could be a great opportunity for you to take stock and try to get well by getting plenty of rest.
    All the best love and hugs ((())) x
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Mell I do feel for you, at least I had already finished work when Arthur did his best.
    I am probably stating the obvious, is there no other no easier job they could offer you, I dont know what else to say, apart from I wish you well with everything. And hopefully once you make the decision you will have less weight on your shoulders.
    Take care
    Love
    Barbara
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Mell I'm sorry to say but people don't understand that you can have good days & bad days with this illness unless they suffer themselves, & a lot of the times we have more bad days than good :roll: I have always said I wont let the bugger beat me, but it does & the more I fight these days the worse I feel, I know now I have made the right decision about work, there is only you know how much your body can take, I feel for you so much because when you have worked all your life, like many of us have, it's a real kick in the teeth knowing we have to put up with this, keep your chin up matey, we are all here for you,( says someone who hardly writes on here) :roll: :roll: :smile: Take care Sue x
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi Mel..

I think your body is trying to tell you something??? You need a break..
    I hated it when it happened to me last month, but now i have done it, it is such a huge relief not having the stress of work looming over me..
    Wish you well ..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    after being off you cant be expected to arrive fit as a fiddle and raring to go...cant you build up gradually, say work half days for a couple of weeks.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I did that Oneday

l had a phased reintroduction to work.

BUT Mel's work they dont seem to want to help - they are silly really because they will loose a good worker:sad:

Love

Toni xx
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Hi Toni
    nice to see you posting btw...
    yeah some employers seem to be a bit thick in the foresight dept!!