Dismissed from work

queenfan
queenfan Member Posts: 563
Well it's taken nearly two years, but finally been dismissed from work, I'm so glad it's over, but it was quite emotional :-( I received a lovely present & card signed by all the staff,& was quite choked when I received cards from all the children saying how much they missed me. I knew I couldn't carry on any more, but it took a long time to accept how bad things were.
I hope you are all keeping well & not in too much pain
Take care Sue xxx

Comments

• kneegirl
    kneegirl Member Posts: 492
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    When I left on ill health grounds I got a bunch of flowers from people who had been nasty, judgmental and overall detestfull for the best part of my last nine months - all I wanted to do was put them in the bin - I was quite offended to have received them!
    event.png
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Sue
    Im so sorry but yet so glad its over with for you, now you need to to reorganise your life, and do things you have always wanted to, but never had the time.
    I really wish you well with everything
    Love
    Barbara
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi Sue,

I got dismissed last week and recieved no thanks lol.. I am glad you were appreciated..
    You take time now to focus on yourself..Wish you well..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • jayneys
    jayneys Member Posts: 122
    Well SUE its ANEW begining,one door has closed but the frount door and all the window are open letting in the sunshine,all the best jayne xxx
  • jayneys
    jayneys Member Posts: 122
    Sorry Tracy ment to wish you well in your retirement as well.So sorry it was such a bad parting.You also need to focus on you all the best Jayne x
  • queenfan
    Thank you all so much for kind messages, it was sad to leave & I loved the job, but i know the children would have suffered with how I am, I could hide how I was feeling in front of the children for a long time by making a joke of it, but then things got worse especially when i was taken off all anti inflammatory tablets, because of having a damaged kidney, so I could not hide it any more,
    But I am relieved that it is all over now.
    Tracy I know how you feel the staff at one job I worked at were like those ignorant people, keep your chin up matey :wink: I hope they get treated the same one day, they are a waste of time & don't deserve loyal staff
    Take care every one Sue xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    queenfan wrote:
    Well it's taken nearly two years, but finally been dismissed from work, I'm so glad it's over, but it was quite emotional :-( I received a lovely present & card signed by all the staff,& was quite choked when I received cards from all the children saying how much they missed me. I knew I couldn't carry on any more, but it took a long time to accept how bad things were.
    I hope you are all keeping well & not in too much pain
    Take care Sue xxx

Oh Sue :sad:

mixed feelings for sure.....

you did the right thing l am certain and l am also certain you will be missed, in time more than you miss work.

Love

Toni xx((()))
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    How have you been Sue?
    You finding it ok being at home?..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • Ilovemystaffie
    Ilovemystaffie Member Posts: 29
    kneegirl wrote:
    When I left on ill health grounds I got a bunch of flowers from people who had been nasty, judgmental and overall detestfull for the best part of my last nine months - all I wanted to do was put them in the bin - I was quite offended to have received them!
    I would have chucked them in the bin right in front of them and then made a fitting goodbye speech!
  • queenfan
    Well Toni I know I've done the right thing leaving,& TracyIt does feel a lot better not having to worry about work.
    You know girls, I thought to myself I will be able to catch up on a few jobs taking my time, but it's like running up an hill & getting nowhere I am very limited to what I can do like yourselves I'm sure, but I wont give in & have a good go, then end up being layed up in bed for days, with a telling off from my hubby & daughter :roll: Another thing I was happy about was the lady that was covering for me while I was off sick is really nice, & I was happy knowing she had a permanent job when I left, because is a one parent family, I've since found out they are not keeping her on in my job, It has really knocked the stuffing out of me knowing the people I worked with will be struggling, plus this lady gets on with her job. I feel like I have let not only this nice lady down but my friends too :cry: Thank you for listening to me babbling on :roll:
    Take care Sue xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Looks like I'll be foloowing you soon but as others have said on here I have had to deal with being called all sorts of names and been picked on and genrally physiologically abused, it went pear shaped after the surgeon told them my knees were that bad I can't go back to my old job since then it's as if I've just farted in front of the queen everytime I go in!. Now HR are asking to see me again as I've had 2 months off and they head has told my union rep she is going to dismess me under incapability regardless of any pension rules, he thinks she's slighly pig headed and arogant but I don't know so much, the place closes next year anyway so looks like she wants to save some cash for them.
    Oddly the union rep is a pensions trustee and he's say's I tick all the boxes so it's ill health retirment, I've got a copy of the pension rules and he's right as far as I can see, I just worry that we've missed something or she's got something up her sleeve what I don't know but it worries me greatly, they don't call her vingar t%^s for nothing!..
  • Emily
    Emily Member Posts: 124
    I left work in the 70's due to no support from employer and staff, these people made a collection for me and purchased a watch.

Were they saying I was not a good time keeper which was not the case. Anyhow I sent it back to them as I did not want anything that would remind me of that place. But that was back in the late 70's jobs were plentyful unlike today. :?:

Work policies have changed since then and not sure if it is for better or worse :?:
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    The world has gone crazy, all what were strengths are now faults, if you p**s it up make it up don’t follow the rules break the law etc you’ll get treated really well, if you’ve got any sign of a work ethic then you’ll get treated like s**t and thrown on the scrap heap with no assistance.
    I’ve given up with it to be honest, there’s a guy at work went off long term sick with depression which is crap as he was the most aggressive guy you could meet but he’s got ill health in a year and I’ve been dragging my **** in for 3 years post op and now I’m probably going out the door with f all and advanced OA of both kneecaps. It bloody well stinks honestly it’s mad.
  • LolaCrayola
    LolaCrayola Member Posts: 152
    I am finishing work at Christmas, just cannot go on. I am seeing it as a new start.