Hello to everyone

sbolam
sbolam Member Posts: 374
edited 18. Jul 2011, 03:51 in Say Hello Archive
Just found this site today...

I have in both knees worse in my right one...

I was looking for information and support regarding OA. look like i have found a good start.

stephen
04_pain.jpg

Comments

• weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi there

I am quite new to this forum as well and have found it so helpful and the people are so supportive and give good advice. I have had osteoarthritis in all my joints since I was 12 years old (I am now 38). I am sorry to hear about your knees and hope you are ok and getting the right help and support. I am sure you will enjoy using this forum and I hope you get answers to all your questions and feel that you now have people to talk to who understand about your pain and everyday problems.

Love
    Jean x
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • sbolam
    sbolam Member Posts: 374
    thankyou..

gosh thats a very young age to have it....its nice to find a please where you discover your not alone and that there are poeople you can talk too..

As the family really dont understand it that sometimes its just too much..
    04_pain.jpg
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    I love my family and friends and since I have always had arthritis they are used to it but their attitude sometimes gets on my nerves.

"Its only arthritis" is a line that is used quite a lot which totally ticks me off. I know its not life threatening but it makes my life so difficult at times. Simple things which other people take for granted and can do without thinking is like climbing Mount Everest to us. My family expect too much from me and have never really acknowledged that I am disabled. I am constantly being told to "keep me chin up" and "just get on with it" and sometimes I dont want to and just need their support and understanding. I am lucky to have a very understanding husband, he has spina bifida so maybe thats why he understands better than others. I am going into hospital on 5th August to have both my hips replaced and am both excited and nervous. It wont make a difference to all my other joints but it will be so good to walk without so much pain. Sorry for going on but I find its good to get it all of my chest. Please talk to me about any problems etc that you are having and although I might not be able to help, I will listen to you and offer any advice and support that I can.

Just remember that you are not alone and the peolpe on this forum are wonderful and have helped me so much. Hope you are having a good day.

Love
    Jean x
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Hi Stephen, just wanted to say welcome to the forum.

I don't know much about OA as I have RA but I am sure we can exchange tips, experience and support each other. This forum is great for that as I am sure you will find out.

Love from

Eve x
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi and welcome from me too. I have OA in my knees my right worse than left. . And I have inflammatory arthritis in other joints. . . It's a right pain in the butt lol. . . Any questions you want to ask fire away. We can all understand how your feeling.
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx