arthritic gloves

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 20. Jul 2011, 04:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi,Has anybody out there got experience with arthritic gloves,some days my hands get so cold and stiff ,there seems to be so many out there i dont want to waste money if they are no good,so any recommendations?Mig

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    MIG

is*toner gloves were recommende to me by two friends and l bought a pair (about 30) and l have not regretted it.

Having said that l do beleive you could ask the GP to refer you to teh OT l think for assessment and you might just get some free :wink:

Might be you need ones with splints in for instance?

Love

Toni xx
  • mig
    Hi,thanks for info about gloves,checked out amazon got a pair for 17.99 pp extra,if you have a look they were on second page of gloves.every penny saved cant be bad.Mig
  • frogmorton
    mig wrote:
    Hi,thanks for info about gloves,checked out amazon got a pair for 17.99 pp extra,if you have a look they were on second page of gloves.every penny saved cant be bad.Mig

Cheers MIG :wink:

Let me know if they help at all.

Love

Toni xx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Hi Mig,

I love my gloves. They help a lot with the swelling on bad days. I got given a pair by my OT, which saved a few pennies.

:)
  • mig
    Hi, gloves arrived in three days,am wearing them now!see how i go on in the next few days.Mig
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I used to wear mine at night and my hands weren't so swollen in the morning. I'd highly recommend night-time glove wear.

All the best. :)
  • Pherstun
    Pherstun Member Posts: 96
    I've bought some off Amazon as well, based on recommendation here!

Odd that they feel cold and warm at the same time. I've had some similar in the past that were thinner but didn't seem to support as much as these.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, I've seen them advertised and wondered if they might help. I'll get myself a pair. My hands are really painful and bother me as much as anything at the moment, with strange lumps growing!!! :mrgreen: Love Sue
  • frogmorton
    I am glad people are finding them useful...they were ecommended to me by another forum user a while ago.

Love

Toni xx
  • mig
    hi,been wearing gloves on and off for a couple of days really keep hands nice and warm,going to try them thru the night.Mig
  • Pherstun
    Pherstun Member Posts: 96
    I've only had them a day but what a difference! My knuckles aren't aching and cracking any more!

I tried wearing them overnight, as I think that my hands and wrists often end up in 'screwed up' positions and are stiff in the morning but I couldn't sleep with them, will try it again in a couple of days.

I now need a sock version for my sore arthritic feet...

Debbie
  • mig
    worn gloves thru the night hands werent as stiff in the morning.Mig

(going to get a second pair)
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    The gloves are great been using them now about a year! ( recommend to all ) I want a whole body suit made of the stuff! now THAT would help :grin:
  • frogmorton
    roses1 wrote:
    The gloves are great been using them now about a year! ( recommend to all ) I want a whole body suit made of the stuff! now THAT would help :grin:

guess who recommended them to me? and because Rose and l live in the same town...l actaully got to see them before purchasing :grin:
  • mig
    Have now been wearing the gloves thru the night for about week and wear them most of the day,hands are hardly stiff in the morning so i can get going a bit earlier than usual (must remember to put rubber gloves on for washing dishes,forgot once).Amazon seem to be the cheapest i have seen for the large size.Could do with something like them for feet .
    Yep a whole body suit would be great but not practical.Mig