arthritis treatment after open hear surgery

christian
christian Member Posts: 4
edited 20. Jul 2011, 14:24 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everybody I have just signed up and feel so much better knowing that there are so many other people around who experience the pain of arthritis ( mine is in the knee ) I feel particularly frustrated because due to open heart surgery 5 years ago and from then on and for ever I have to be on warfarin and surgeons don't like the problems that go with this - I also have a pace-maker! So it will be a long, long journey I feel. I wonder if there is anyone out there who has had this problem?

Christian

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Christian and welcome to the forum.

I can relate to your arthritis but, fortunately for me, my heart's one of the few good bits so the pacemaker and warfarin stuff are mysteries to me. However, I'm sure there'll be people here who have difficulties in those areas.

Can I suggest you copy this post onto the Living With Arthritis forum as there are a lot more people looking in there all the time so you're likely to get more replies.

All the best.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Christian and a huge welcome to this forum.

I too can relate to the arthritis but not to the pacemaker, sorry hun. I take it that the warferin is to stop the blood from clotting.

I am sure you will find this forum great to exchange experience, exchange tips, have a laugh cos as you know we need humour to cope with it all and of course, even to just moan if you need to. We all need to do that.

See you in other forums around this website xxxxxxxx

Eve