give a smile

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 30. Jul 2011, 07:53 in Community Chit-chat archive
give a smile to some one you know just a little gift or helping hand makes the world a better place.
my oh fetched me a cushion back from supermarket (it had an elephant on) made me feel happy and that was amazing as had bad news and needed it i felt loved and cared for we all need that from time to time so remember it might be making some one you love a mug of t or special cake they love it might make there day for them val
val

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You are so right val....its the little things that we appreciate

love
    Hileena
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Sorry to hear that you had some bad news Val, but it's lovely that your OH is so caring and thoughtful. I can understand why the cushion cheered you up- it was the thought behind it that counted so much.
    It's always so nice when someone shows kindness and thought for you, especially when you aren't expecting it.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    You are so right..

Like getting a good luck & a get well card from a friend before & after your operation...
    :grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It doesn't take much effort to either ruin or make someone's day. The latter is a far nicer thing to do so well done to Mr Valval for such a lovely gift. You are so right, val, it is the little things that make all the difference. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    I came home from going for a meal with my sis in law last night and both my children made me some pom pom smiley faces because they missed me.. Bless that made me smile and i have put them in the cabinet on display..The small things that put a smile on our faces are the most important ones..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Yes valval its the little things that make everything so worth while.

a cushion, what a lovely thought.

Juliepf x
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    I always try to smile at one person a day. Usually it is a stranger that I will never meet again but I think that a smile can travel a long way. If each of us smiled at 10 people and those 10 smiled at 10 each then we would be able to spread happiness.

Sometimes it is all you need to make you think life is going to be ok. Nothing is that bad.

You are right, the small gestures make the world a different place.
    Jakib0644.gif
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Oh Val

Sorry you had bad news. But your hubby was certainly thoughtful to bring you a cushion like that. My hubbies like that, if he knows i'm feeling down he'll turn up with a bunch of flowers or choccies. You are so right that the little things give you a smile. My girls, I just have to look at them and I have abeaming smile.

I always remember when I was young I was known as the Hello girl in my street. I would always smile at everyone, I still do it now, it doesn't hurt does it in fact it give pleasure on both sides.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • valval
    i to smile and say hello to everyone most people smile back and it the only time some of the older people get to chat to some one and a minuet of my day makes theres well worth if i have to dash a bit to get to work on time val
    val
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    I find that when I'm on my scooter....in the Metro Center for instance shopping....there are quite a lot of people on scooters.They are very grateful if you smile and speak to them and it sometimes ends up in a conversation.....then you meet them on another day.
    Love
    Hileena
  • valval
    friends are just strangers you have not met yet
    val
  • sbolam
    sbolam Member Posts: 374
    I like to think...Smile and the world smiles with you...
    04_pain.jpg
  • valval
    cry and you are on your own :shock:
    val
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    what a kind OH you have ... sorry you have bad news, xx

mine did something out the blue on thursday, he doesnt buy my gifts at all... its just the way we are, and as my hands are feeling so painful when i read a book... unexpectedly got a lovely delivery thursday of a amazon kindle...
    been married 31 years and i love him sooo much!
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • valval
    liesa wrote:
    what a kind OH you have ... sorry you have bad news, xx

mine did something out the blue on thursday, he doesnt buy my gifts at all... its just the way we are, and as my hands are feeling so painful when i read a book... unexpectedly got a lovely delivery thursday of a amazon kindle...
    been married 31 years and i love him sooo much!

that was so lovely of him so thoughtfull and so unexpected it makes it all the more special val
    val