Inflammatory arthritis

magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 2. Aug 2011, 17:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,

Wee question for anyone with Inflammatory arthritis-do you have a positive RF in your blood?

Ta,

Magenta x

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Eileen,

Sorry you have had a bit of a rough time, meant to say that the other day and forgive me for not doing so.

I have had, and its close at other times but not high enough... don't know what that means though.

Mine is pa they say and in fairness its fairly classic... should have taken the book off it so it didn't know what to do :wink:

I think as with most of the inflammatories the symptoms are really there even if the rf isn't so thats how they work it out.

You hang in there and leaving you a better day draft. Love and a ((((( ))))) cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    magenta wrote:
    Hello,

Wee question for anyone with Inflammatory arthritis-do you have a positive RF in your blood?

Ta,

Magenta x

No Eileen it's sero-neg maybe even by another name???
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi Magenta..

I have inflammatory arthritis and i did not have the RF factor show up in my bloods, i think they kind of generalise the name when they not sure for deffinate what type of arthur you have..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Despite CRP and ESR figures at 160 plus I have never had a positive RA factor. Sero-negative arthritises don't. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    I have a positive RF but don't have RA. Do have inflammatory arthritis. The factor levels fluctuate.
  • MissKat
    MissKat Member Posts: 124
    Hey Magenta,

I have inflammatory Arthritis, but no RF...

MissKat x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    same here as far as i know the first bloods doc did didnot have it rhummy just said small amount of inflimation showing never told me any since then val
    val
  • magenta
    Thanks everyone,

Hi Cris,
    How are you today? Thanks for your message, once again you've been so helpful. Hope the sun is shining for you (((((()))))) XX

I've been told that I had sero-neg arthritis years ago but drs now seem to ignore that. Never had positive RF in blood. I'm very confused at the moment and I thought Inflammatory arthritis was different to sero-neg :oops: All my joints seem to be sore but in particular my hands and fingers. When I went to drs about my swollen and painful finger, she checked all my xrays and bloods from my last rhuemy appt. She just said it's not Rhuematoid arthritis and I then thought maybe it's Inflammatory.
    No-one seems to be able to explain why I'm getting the inflammation and pain.
    Getting a bit hacked off with it now.

Thanks everyone,

Eileen x
  • valval
    do know where you are coming from but with two hundred types of arther it not suprised they do not know for sure which is which but most treated the same it a term they use when inflimation and stiffness in joints till they decide which it is if they ever do val
    val
  • magenta
    Hi Val,

I just want answers now. You go to drs with a problem and 9 times out of 10 you get a diagnosis, whether it's a cold, virus etc..I go and it's Hmm..don't know, try this and go away!

All I know is that the symptoms I've had on and off over 20yrs, seem to be coming more regularly and staying for longer and they are impacting on my daily life when they didn't before.

Eileen x
  • valval
    i understand did you say you have not got a rhummy i have and he put me straight on hydrocloride sulfate (prob spelt wrong) it did help a lot val
    val
  • magenta
    Hi Val,

I had a rheumy appointment in March but they discharged me. Once they gave me my diagnosis of fibro and confirmed OA, they kinda said 'that's it, get on with it'! I've not heard of Hydrochloride sulphate? Good that it works for you,

Eileen .
  • gazza67
    gazza67 Member Posts: 25
    I have inflammatory arthritis and am rf positive.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    This is how it was explained to me. Hope it makes sense to you.

Inflammatory arthritis is a general name for all types of arthritis that are caused by an autoimmune disorder. RA is an inflammatory arthritis, as is PA, amongst others. For those who no rheumatoid factor, drs don't always specify and sometimes call it inflammatory arthritis. This was my original diagnosis but now they call it sero-negative RA.
  • parrotman
    parrotman Member Posts: 36
    Hi Magenta,

Trying to understand all this can indeed be confusing. I have Inflammatory Arthritis ( RA ) and as others have said, the term RA covers a whole umbrella of different facets of the disease. I'm sero positive, having the RF Factor, with nodules on my arms for added value !

I'm led to believe sero pos may be considered ' worse ' than sero neg but that said, a sero neg person may have more severe symptoms than a sero pos person simply because it effects us all in so many different ways as we are all different ourselves.

I'm a relative newcomer to ' Arthur ' of 18 Months and still learning.

Regards John
    P1010005-1.jpg
  • magenta
    Thanks everyone,

I'm still baffled as to what I've got. All I know is, it bl***y hurts! :grin:

Thanks for all the replies,

Eileen xx