Am I silly??

cloud9
cloud9 Member Posts: 385
edited 30. Jul 2011, 12:36 in Community Chit-chat archive
I just nominated my (wonderful) consultant for a Pride of Britain Award and my hubby says I'm daft. The op I had back in Oct. 2010 didn't go exactly as planned and that's why hubs is angry. IMO my consultant had nothing to do with the things that went wrong and I have nothing but respect and confidence for him. He gave me his email addy way back when and whenever I've needed to contact him, night or day, (even weekends) he answers, sometimes within minutes. He's arranged to see me in person at the drop of a hat and even helped me claim my DLA after I was refused it. I'm an NHS patient and I just think that if he offers all his patients this level of service, he deserves a medal!
(The fact that he's very good looking has nothing to do with it of course!!) What do you think? Am I stupid??
Sue (Cloud9)

Comments

• NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I don't think that's silly at all - he really goes the extra mile for you and being goodlooking is a bonus too! I think we're so quick to complain when things go wrong that sometimes we forget to reward the good and the kind.

Good on you, I bet if he wins or even gets nominated, he'll be well chuffed

Nxx
  • cloud9
    Lol yeah.....I did tell him I'd nominated him and he said he'd like his prize to be a years supply of chocolate!!! He'll get that anyway!! I always take him a multipack of Kitkats whenever I go! (weekly!)
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    wish they were all like that it a shame they are not glad you nominated him hope he wins might make more of them sit up and pay attention val
    val
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    No I dont think you are silly at all.....as you say it had nothing to do with him {things that went wrong}
    Wish there were more like him about....although saying that I had a good one as well
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You, silly? Far from it, you are acknowledging all he does for you and showing your appreciation. Where do you live? Could he find room for one more patient on his list? :smile: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Far from silly.. I think it's a great idea.
    Could you pm me and let me know how you go about the nominations etc. I wouldn't hesitate to put the name of my consultant forward. The service had been excellent..
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Good on you cloud9

I hope your consultant wins and I will enjoy seeing you as the nominee on TV with your consultant picking up the prize. :grin:

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    I think it is a brilliant thing that you have done for him. He is always there for you so why not nominate him. After all, we struggle to find someone who understands and is considerate about arthur.

You are lucky to have a considerate consultant.
    Jakib0644.gif
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    No, you are most def not be silly. What a lovely consultant you have, there's not many around like that.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • cloud9
    Tony, I've sent you a p.m. I live in Bournemouth and he works there and Poole.
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I'm moving to Bournemouth. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cloud9
    Hmmmmmm not sure if I'm ready to share him though!!! Lol
    Sue (Cloud9)