hello

ritaevens
ritaevens Member Posts: 2
edited 30. Jul 2011, 05:56 in Say Hello Archive
Hello my name is Rita I don't know what else to say I have OA and I am married to Fred who is a social worker. I had to stop work because of the OS.
I worked for many years as a classroom assistant in a junior school. I will try and get on here as much as I can now I have found this group. I have two cats, I love my cats. I used to enjoy the garden I am not able to do the garden now so I now have gravel and a wooden barrel where I grow my lillys.

Thank you

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Rita and welcome to the forum!

You are in good company here being a cat lover and a gardener! There are lots of us here who enjoy gardening in whatever way we can and there is a gardening thread "Anyone for Gardening" on Chit Chat (although it's been quiet recently so it's quite a long way down the forum now I think).

For arthritis related posts, Living with Arthritis (LWA) is the best place to post cos most people look there regularly and there is Chit Chat, as mentioned above) for a bit of light relief.

We are a friendly bunch and you will be made very welcome.

Tilly xxx
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Hi Rita,

Welcome I hope you find the support and laughs on here I know I do!

I teach part time now due to my AS, ihave three teenage kids and like us all have good days and bad days. I come on here to moan, laugh, let of steam but generally just for the wonderful support from the great people on here. There are great tips, stories, jokes everything you can imagine. I would take some time to look around the threads and take it all in.

Hope to speak again soon, take care. Xx. :smile:
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Rita
    And a very warm welcome to the forum, you will get lots of info, and support...I do hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Rita,
    Welcome to the forums here. I've got OA in hips. lower spine, ankle and neck.,
    As Tilly says....any posts ...arthritis related / questions etc put them on living with arthritis and you'll soon get an answer from someone

Love
    Hileena
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi Rita..

Welcome to the forum..
    You should fit in nicely here,lots of lovely people to chat with and share info..
    I have OA in knees and fingers and inflammatory arthritis in various other joints..
    Look forward to seeing you around the forum..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Hi Rita

Welcome to this wonderful forum. I have OA in all my joints and have had so much support and advice from the wonderful people on here. I only wish I had joined years ago. I am looking forward to chatting to you and hope you are well today.
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hi Rita, it's lovely to meet you. I am sorry to read about your OA and its impact on your life, it's not easy dealing with these things is it? I have PA (and inflammatory type) and OA in my knees (and possibly my right ankle too). Unlike you I loathe both cats and gardening but that hasn't stopped me getting on with folks on here - well, not yet anyway! :smile: I look forward to seeing your name here and there on the site. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben