what a day

mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 1. Aug 2011, 03:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
just thought I would let you know that my big sister has died , my brother rang to say that a taxi driver called to tell him , she died on friday

I was out on a driving lesson yesterday with the instructor decided to get petrol but £22.00 in got in the car and it dawned on me my car is DISEL

so called the breakdown truck they told me not to turn on engine , so car away to be drained , what a day :cry::cry::cry:
Mike R * Hazel * MikeJR
excuse me if not on here for a while
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Mike, I am so, so sorry to read about your sister. That must have been a dreadful shock for you, and then to top it all the wrong fuel: that is very easily done and given the level of stress you must be under it is no wonder it happened. I wish you well, take as much time as you need but rest assured, I (and a few others) will be thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    mike so sorry to hear about your sister .
    it so easy to put wrong fuel in we were going to Birmingham in minibus on trip with training agency the instructor who was driving stopped for fuel just as we were leaving town and yes you got it she put wrong one in we were well you can imagine she did not live it down bless her val
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's death, Mike. You had a dreadful shock, so your mind was probably on other things when you put petrol in the car by mistake.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Oh Mike

My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Mike I am so very sorry to hear about your sister, what an awful shock for you...just take some time to come to terms with it, but you know where we are when you need us.
    Has for the petrol , my OH has done that twice so dont worry....
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    so sorry you have lost your sister,i remember how it felt when my younger sister died 3 years ago.will be thinking of you.Mig
  • mike77
    barbara12 wrote:
    Mike I am so very sorry to hear about your sister, what an awful shock for you...just take some time to come to terms with it, but you know where we are when you need us.
    Has for the petrol , my OH has done that twice so dont worry....
    Barbara 12,

Did your husband have to get the breakdown truck out or did you just drain it your self??????????
    Mike R * Hazel * MIke JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Mike,
    I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your sister. What a terrible shock for you all.

I hope because you have not driven the car they will be able to drain the tank and flush the petrol out for you.

Lv, I x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Mike
    I'm sor sorry to hear about your sister...what a shock that must have ben and what a roundabout way to find out.
    No wonder you put the wrong fuel in.....its easy done at the best of times.
    Take care and we'll see you when you are ready

Love
    Hileena
  • mike77
    ironic wrote:
    Hi Mike,
    I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your sister. What a terrible shock for you all.

I hope because you have not driven the car they will be able to drain the tank and flush the petrol out for you.

Lv, I x
    iRONIC , i DID NOT DRIVE IT AT ALL I was told not to switch on the engine, as I am a mobility am I not covered , if not how much will this be I have to phone mobility up tomorrow and ask them to authorize rac to collect my car and deliver it to me
    Mike R * Hazel * mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    The very sad news about your sister I am truly sorry for you, can't imagine the grief.

As for diesel in the car, I did it last month to my husbands company car that was only three months old petrol in a diesel, knew not to start it but cost about £100 plus fuel wasted. My husband took it very well guess he used to living with a wife who makes daft mistakes!! X
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!