Hello, my wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis-fancied a chat..

Options
Phillycee2
Phillycee2 Member Posts: 11
edited 11. Apr 2013, 13:12 in Say Hello Archive
Hi,

My wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis and I sometimes worry about her and find it difficult to cope with. I thought there might be some people out there in the same situation as me. My wife suggested this site as she is on here as Phillycee...

She said you were a friendly bunch..

It would be really nice to speak to some people in my situation or somebody that I can just talk to about coping with RA.

Hope you are all well.

xxx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello pc2, it's nice to meet you. What a caring man you are, I think pc1 is very lucky to have you by her side. I know of at least one spouse on here but he too has health issues, similar to his wife's as I understand it: are you troubled in anyway with physical problems or are you generally in good health?

For many years I had a policy of not talking to my husband about arthritis because, as I saw it, it was my problem and I had to deal with it. He has always been very supportive and encouraging but us arthritics can be very boring when it comes to our health and on here we can bore away in the full knowledge that, actually, the people reading our words are interested! :smile: I gradually came to realise though, after a rough time at Easter with a number of factors, that in not talking to him about stuff I was damaging our relationship, after an explosive heart-to-heart I found out he was actually feeling excluded. That was never my intention, I just didn't want to burden him.

I don't think there are many other halves on here, I am not sure what level of support you may be able to garner but I am sure we will be able to help. Yes, we are lost in the arthritis maze but we understand its impact on all family members, we know the responses that we like or dislike from spouses, friends and other family, please feel free to talk to us and we will try to help. I think you sound rather lovely - Mr DD wouldn't be seen dead on here! :grin:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Phillycee2
    Options
    Hello dreamdaisy and thank you for your reply.

First of all, Philly1 and i are both females, i am not a man :)

I hope everything with you is as good as it can be.

xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ooops. I do apologise. It's difficult to know who is what when one only has words to go on. Other couples such as yourselves have come and gone but I don't know why, all have had the same warm welcome from people but I guess this kind of forum isn't for everyone. The pressures of dealing with this dross are the same for every relationship, no matter the gender of those involved. I just read on LWA that PC1 has a chest infection, I hope she feels better soon. As for your kind thoughts, well things are nicely distanced from good but no matter. It will pass, all things do. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Phillycee2
    Options
    I know this is a very late reply. but thank you for your kind words.

Phillycee2 xxx