New one

magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 2. Aug 2011, 06:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

My hands are causing me probs at the moment, usually always my right. Lately I've had an odd sensation in my left and I was wondering if it sounded familiar to anyone.
I've noticed a pulling sensation when I rest my hands, around the knuckle of my middle finger. It's wanting to pull towards my hand and it's painful.
I can't describe it well but it's odd and different from the right where I get pain and swelling in my ring finger, not the pulling.
Thanks,
Magenta x

Comments

• ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Magenta,

Have you got a hot wax bath that you can use? It could be the tendon being a little inflamed. I hope it has eased off by tomorrow for you.

Lv, I x
  • magenta
    Hi I,

I don't have a hot wax bath :cry: It feels like it's all coming from the joint at my hand.

Magenta x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    could be you have pulled it a bit using it instead of right one try wheat bag or warm water if any swelling use ice to settle it if carrys on ask doc val
    val
  • magenta
    Thanks Val,

Problem is, there's no swelling-drs don't do/say anything unless I have visible swelling. It's been there for months and it's odd.

I'll try heat, don't like ice (unless in a Gin and tonic :lol: )

Magenta x
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Have you got any tingling or numbness. It could be something like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome which causes strange things in hands.
    Jakib0644.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Eileen,

Sorry your hands are giving you grief.I d have similar but mine also have the swelling and the fingers are turning though so far I don't have much pain.

As Jacki said could it be carpal tunnel? have you got swelling or disfiguration of the wrists at all cus that can do it.

Then I was thinking sometimes mine do that cus of the circulation and that doesn't always cause swelling. It does change the colour though but is the finger either purpleish or whitish at all?

Hope it will ease off for you and heat... heats good the ice bit......well they say it helps but I have never tried it :wink:

Hope you had a decent weekend and the family are all ok? ((((( ))))) and a hope flower. Cris xx
  • magenta
    Hi all,

I have had 2 nerve conduction tests for carpal tunnel but both negative. I have Raynauds but I don't think it's that this time. When I bend my hands, it's painful over the knuckle. There is also slight swelling.
    Got in in my toes now too :shock:

Magenta x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Silly thought but I'll ask 'do you use a computer/laptop alot?' Because now and again I get pain in hand around the knuckle area, and that is caused by excessive keyboard use. Now I try and stop using the laptop after 12.30pm and not touch it till around 3pm giving my hands a rest from keyboard using. Hope this might be of some help to you. :smile: