DLA appeals

lavenderlady
lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
edited 2. Aug 2011, 18:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
I would strongly agree with Jaki, in a previous posting about appealing your DLA ask for a referal all your info used to make these decisions will be looked at again by a new person so with fresh eyes they might well help , if you do go for an appeal it does take time but if you are successful it will be backdated, always always let them know how you are at your worse dont ever say well I can do this sometimes that little bit of doubt is used against you, good luck I know its hard but go for it, personally I think anyone already getting DLA should be left alone as it makes us down and depressed only adding to our health worrys, its totally out of order, we are disabled by this nasty illness which is life long chronic and degenrative, words to use in your appeal my rhumy told me this about my arthritas so I put exactly the words he used, michelle

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    just bumping this back to top as got missed val
    val
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    I've a medical assessor coming to see me on thursday, im getting het up already... i've read others messages on here before so figure im stuffed before he even gets here,
    what can i do to help myself?
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    liesa wrote:
    I've a medical assessor coming to see me on thursday, im getting het up already... i've read others messages on here before so figure im stuffed before he even gets here,
    what can i do to help myself?

Another Bump. Liesa, dont feel like that, most times the visits are pretty run of the mill, filling in forms, asking questions - give them as much info as possible and have a carer / friend / relative with you. Don't do what you cannot do, ie touch your toes, tell them as it is, on your worst days. It will be ok, don't worry - I was worked up for weeks and it was not as bad as I thought. xxx Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    thanks Bubbles, it has got me really depressed... I'm in tears all the time for no reason, feeling really anxious... i dont have anyone with me as my daughter has her little ones off as its summer holidays for schools, i feel i will just be an emotional wreck....
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    liesa wrote:
    thanks Bubbles, it has got me really depressed... I'm in tears all the time for no reason, feeling really anxious... i dont have anyone with me as my daughter has her little ones off as its summer holidays for schools, i feel i will just be an emotional wreck....

Try not to get upset hun, I know it is a trying time for you, will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes. They are coming into your home, you can ask to stop and take a moment at any time you like. Hugs, XX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).