Hi I've just joined

poppy2021
poppy2021 Member Posts: 4
edited 2. Aug 2011, 12:46 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there, I have just joined the site.

I am female, 49 years old and have lived with osteoarthritis in both of knees for 10 years now.

Most days I can cope (if only just) but sometimes find it difficult to keep up with my 2 daughters, (11 and 16) especially when we go girly shopping.

I really miss dancing as I find that too hard now.

I am on anti imflammatory drugs and pain relief but would like to hear from anyone who has had a knee replacement.

Comments

• rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry I cant help with the knee replacement but I would like to say hi and welcome to the forum. There are plenty of people on here who have had various treatments and they are all very friendly.
    Jakib0644.gif
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi and welcome from me too. I have Oa in knees and 2 children so I know how hard it can be at times. Not had knee replacement but there are a few on here who have and will be more than happy to help you. Look forward to seeing you around.
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • joirvine
    joirvine Member Posts: 7
    HEY THERE IM A NEWBY ON THE SITE ALSO. MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOUR HAD HER RIGHT KNEE REPLACEMENT LAST SUMMER AND HASNT LOOKED BACK SINCE VERY LITTLE PROBLEMS WITH HEALING AND STARTED PHYSIO STRAIGHT AWAY. i CAN BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE IN HER AND SHE IN HER 70'S

JOANNE
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Hi,

Welcome and hope you like the support you will get from the great people on this site, I have AS so can't help with the knee stuff but plenty on here who will. x
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!