Hello, 25 years old with OA

Harlansmummy
Harlansmummy Member Posts: 89
edited 8. Aug 2011, 06:26 in Say Hello Archive
Hello :smile:

I am Victoria, I'm 25 and am married with a two year old son. I have had back and hip pain since I became pregnant with my son. Three years on it's now worse and I use crutches to get around on bad days. I have been given a diagnosis of osteoarthritis and am currently in a study on back and leg pain.

I'm having physiotherapy, where I'm essentially being taught basic pilates to strengthen my core muscles, and I've had an MRI scan but not had the results yet.

I was told when I was 17 that I had CFS and thought I was recovered, but I don't know how much overlap there is with the pain and tiredness I get now.

Oh well, that turned into a long ramble :lol:
Twenty-something mother, home educating my wonderful son and currently TTC.

My particular flavour of arthritis is yet to be confirmed

Comments

• Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Victoria,

Nice to meet you although sorry you have to join us cos you have OA. I am 43 and have AS, had for 20+ but diagnosed about 4 years ago. This is a great place for support, help and tips. This is full of great people who all have different experiences and lots of stories to help you along the way, give you a laugh when you are down or support when needed.

I hope your test results make things easier for you to get some more help. Most of us find that whatever type of Arthur there comes fatigue and tiredness, with having a small one it must be hard for you. Try and listen to your body and let it rest if you can, easier said than done I know.

Hope to chat again soon, take care. Xx. :grin:
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hi, I am older than you, have no children, two sorts of arthritis and am always on two crutches but you have found the right place for help, support, encouragement, more support, a giggle, information, further support and more help! It's nice to meet you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Melrymax
    Melrymax Member Posts: 226
    Hi Victoria and welcome.
    I am Mel, I'm 24,married with a 4 year old and a 2 year old. I have osteoarthritis of the hips and have suffered with the pain for 9 years now although only diagnosed the beginning of this year. I also have physio but not the crutches I can imagine they help alot? Hope your MRI results show something a bit promising.
    Mel
  • kathymummy2
    kathymummy2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, i am also new to this. I am 29 and mum of two boys aged 4 and 2, we live in the north west. I have had developmental hip dysplasia since birth and arthritis in back and hips for 10 years. I have joined to see if there are any other mums out there in the same situation and there are ;-)

Is anybody else finding the summer holidays a challenge??

Anybody else from North West?

Kathy
  • angelgirl7
    angelgirl7 Member Posts: 118
    Hi

I am Beckie and at the end of last year I was diagnosed with OA in my right hip and its now showing my left hip and my thumb joint. I am 35 and have two children. My son is nearly 10 and my daughter nearly 7. My daughter has severe and complex special needs so I am finding the holidays especially challenging with all the lifting - although I try to avoid it if at all possible.

Hugs
    B X