Feeling not ok!

Options
catgirl
catgirl Member Posts: 2
Hi, this is my first time here. I'm 31 and have recently been diagnosed with Palindromic Arthritis. I'm finding it really hard to cope with everything. I have a very demanding job which I am increasingly finding more tiring and stressful and I feel so much pressure from everyone in my life to be happy, upbeat and full of energy. No one seems to understand how I feel, I'm not even sure I do! I find it especially difficult that some days I feel fine and other days it's a nightmare, especially the days i struggle to walk. I am really sorry to go on, I know there are many people out there in much worse situations that me, I guess I just wanted to know if it's normal to feel like this?

Thanks
catgirl

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Bumped up a recent thread on LWA for you. It's called pandromic rheumatism but that is only a mis-spelling: it may be relevant. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,487
    Options
    catgirl wrote:
    Hi, this is my first time here. I'm 31 and have recently been diagnosed with Palindromic Arthritis. I'm finding it really hard to cope with everything. I have a very demanding job which I am increasingly finding more tiring and stressful and I feel so much pressure from everyone in my life to be happy, upbeat and full of energy. No one seems to understand how I feel, I'm not even sure I do! I find it especially difficult that some days I feel fine and other days it's a nightmare, especially the days i struggle to walk. I am really sorry to go on, I know there are many people out there in much worse situations that me, I guess I just wanted to know if it's normal to feel like this?

Thanks
    catgirl

Hi Catgirl and welcome to Helplines!

You are probably right, there probably are people in much worse situations than yours. But right now lets concentrate on you! Firstly, never apologise to us for saying how you feel. You are perfectly entitled to 'go on' when life feels so rotten and people around you want you to act differently to how you feel. Just remember it is important to tell them how you feel regardless of whether that is what they want to hear. If they were in your position would they hide it or be as you wanted them to be? In the case of arthritis it is very common for people not to understand how you are feeling because they can't see it. Also because you have palindromic it probably confuses them how you can be kinda ok one day and soooo not ok another. The stress at work and lack of understanding is probably not doing your health any good. Do you think it is time to educate those around you? Perhaps by giving them some written info from us? If you think it would help just give us a call and we can discuss things further with you and provide the relevant information to give to people around you. Many people have very set preconceived ideas about 'arthritis' and being so young you just don't fit the mould of the their typical person with arthritis. So try not to feel under pressure from them to be something else, but at the same time it may help to tell them that you are feeling as you are because these are the symptoms (unfortunately) of the condition. If it is difficult for you to express your feelings because as you said yourself you are not sure of how you feel either, then it may help to talk your feelings things through with one of us. I'm sorry to have to confirm that what you are going through as awful as it feels, is 'normal'.

However just remember you don't have to deal with it alone, just give us a call, and even if you decide not to I am certain you will find lots of support on this site particularly on the Living with Arthritis forum. There are a great bunch of lovely people on here who understand exactly what you are going through. Hang in there Catgirl.

Best wishes

Simona
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Hi My first time too.
    Im 38 , and have a diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis , which is under investigation as my new consult is unsure if this diagnosis is correct. I am awaiting a mri of spine to help confirm or deny condition. Consult does believe i have secondary condition of Fybromyalgia though.

Know what its like to feel as you are emotionally. Have up and down days and when I am down and overwhelmed by pain I feel completely alone and dont know were to turn next. So yes I would say what you are feeling is 'normal'. oh to be 'normal'!! :???:
    I am unsure if this will help you , but i know it helps me. Have you tried to meditate. there are some fab meditations on you tube, in particular one called colour flower meditation, which is quite beautiful and relaxing.
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg